The Student Room Group

What top sets were you in school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
None lmao.

Was predicted all Cs for GCSEs but came out with no Cs, just A*s/As/Bs.

Spoiler

Reply 81
I was top set in all :tongue: except in year 10 i was moved down to set 2 for science "for a week or two and then see how you get on" but then they forgot about me, moved back up in year 11 tho :lol:

i was predicted straight As for everything, but only got 2A*s 3As 3Bs 3Cs :cry:
Original post by Thomb
To learn linguistics at school is flashy?

Oh yes, well I suppose you could say that :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Oh yes, well I suppose you could say that :biggrin:

You never got that sort of thing at my school. :frown:
My school only has sets for maths (and PE in year 7). I've always been in top set for maths, although in KS3 most sets except one were pretty similar. I'm pretty sure I was in top set for PE in year 7 (not really sure why). Although we don't technically have history sets, there were two accelerated classes that did the GCSE in Year 10 and about three other classes who are doing it in Year 11 (this year).

The way the timetable works out means there just isn't space for different sets in most subjects at my school. In KS3 we had all lessons except maths, PE and CDT/food tech/textiles with our forms. Now at GCSE it would be possible to have English and Science sets, but we don't.
Original post by arsenal 33
I was in top set for maths, science and ict, set 3 English, set 2 Spanish and set 2 humanities which I was moved up to top set for by GCSEs

I took my GCSE music in 1 year in Year 9.
Bottom for everything.

Guess what? I proved them all wrong when leaving school passing all my GCSE's and now on a degree. f****************k them.
Set 2 Maths
Set 1 Science
English was mixed.
I was top of my class in Set 2, and throughout yr 10/11 consistently scored 7/8s (A/A*s) in Maths, but was never moved up. If you want to move up a set, ask. If you're achieving high where you are they'll leave you unless you say you want to move. I spent a lot of class time talking to others and the teacher didn't have more work for me as we weren't meant to have time to do more.
Came out with a 9 in maths.
Now I'm starting a Maths undergrad at Bristol.
Don't be how I was. Have the confidence and move up if you think your class is too slow.

Quick Reply

Latest