Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please please please help me for the love of god help help help Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of freaking out.

My first exam is May 19th. I'm doing (AS) RE, English Lit&Lang, Art and French, all WJEC.

I've got a deadline for my art coursework, which is May 5th. I know that I'm dropping French at A2, and so I'm fine with putting that subject on the backburner, but in terms of grades, I'm aiming for all (or at least mostly) B's at AS.

Mock Results
    English Lit: E
    English Lang: A
    RE: B
    French: U
    (art is coursework based, but in my last unit of coursework I had a B)

I revise so much but there's so much to study and I just don't think I have time to do it all. I technically started revising in February but I've been so busy (college/home life etc) that I barely made any headway. I'm fast running out of time and I'm so scared.

So...can someone either: Give me real and serious advice on hardcore studying, or at least just tell me it's all going to be OK. Lie if you have to, seriously. I'm in that much of a blind panic right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cari98)
    I'm kind of freaking out.

My first exam is May 19th. I'm doing (AS) RE, English Lit&Lang, Art and French, all WJEC.

I've got a deadline for my art coursework, which is May 5th. I know that I'm dropping French at A2, and so I'm fine with putting that subject on the backburner, but in terms of grades, I'm aiming for all (or at least mostly) B's at AS.

Mock Results
    English Lit: E
    English Lang: A
    RE: B
    French: U
    (art is coursework based, but in my last unit of coursework I had a B)

I revise so much but there's so much to study and I just don't think I have time to do it all. I technically started revising in February but I've been so busy (college/home life etc) that I barely made any headway. I'm fast running out of time and I'm so scared.

So...can someone either: Give me real and serious advice on hardcore studying, or at least just tell me it's all going to be OK. Lie if you have to, seriously. I'm in that much of a blind panic right now.
    Hi Cari98

There's still plenty of time until the exams; it seems like your English language and RE grade is good; so just keep doing what you're doing at the minute and you should be okay. Your Art grade looks quite good aswell; so it's just your English literature you have to pull up right now.

I would suggest getting hold of your exam boards specification for English literature and doing quite a lot of past papers. Some people do up to 9 hours revision a day leading up to exams so maybe do that in English lit? Ask your teacher where you are going wrong on your work. If you need to learn a book, just do it at night when you get home

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I could lie to make you feel better.

Or I could tell you the truth.

If you don't wanna get bad grades, it's time to do some actual work.

Nothing more to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.