Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just been informed that I can only have two years of funding for my first degree because in 2004 i achieved a certificate in education (which is a level 4)
    I paid back the loan fully

i am so distressed as now I will not be able to go to university I have not got a degree it does not seem fair

any advise welcome

thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by mandy66)
    Hi, I have just been informed that I can only have two years of funding for my first degree because in 2004 i achieved a certificate in education (which is a level 4)
    I paid back the loan fully

i am so distressed as now I will not be able to go to university I have not got a degree it does not seem fair

any advise welcome

thanks
    do you want to study something similar? you could try for second year entry at some universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    do you want to study something similar? you could try for second year entry at some universities?
    Hi Thanks for your reply

I have not got a degree at all, so would not be accepted on at second year?

I have sent an appeal to student loans to see if they will review.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by mandy66)
    Hi Thanks for your reply

I have not got a degree at all, so would not be accepted on at second year?

I have sent an appeal to student loans to see if they will review.
    You have a cert he which is level 4? which is equivalent to the 1st year of university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You have a cert he which is level 4? which is equivalent to the 1st year of university?
    thanks I will ask, lets hope

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that this fell under the 'gift year' policy.

Have you only done one year of university level study ie you didn't drop out / restart at any point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    I would have thought that this fell under the 'gift year' policy.

Have you only done one year of university level study ie you didn't drop out / restart at any point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately the OP said they've done the Cert over two years, so I think that's used the gift year, even if part-time.

Years of new course (minus) Years previously spent on uni-level study (plus) One year

Gives the OP 3 - 2 + 1 = 2 years of SF remaining. It was the same situation as mine.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I would have thought it would come under the ELQ rules rather than the gift year rules posted above. Hence being told you have 2 years (although, it's 3 if you do an intergrated masters or a sandwich / placement year) left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I would have thought it would come under the ELQ rules rather than the gift year rules posted above. Hence being told you have 2 years (although, it's 3 if you do an intergrated masters or a sandwich / placement year) left.
    The outcome is the same either way I think - no SF funding in the first year.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.