Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im doing maths IGCSE and i would like to boost my grade. Im currently working at a C/B grade and i need a B for college, i am currently using my friend to help me learn as he got an A* when he took his maths early, but any form of revision methods would be appreciated as im pretty deaperate and worried currently.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VibrantFlow)
    Im doing maths IGCSE and i would like to boost my grade. Im currently working at a C/B grade and i need a B for college, i am currently using my friend to help me learn as he got an A* when he took his maths early, but any form of revision methods would be appreciated as im pretty deaperate and worried currently.
    Thanks
    past papers are the best way
    also this website might be useful http://fhsmathsrevise.weebly.com/rev...alculator.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VibrantFlow)
    Thanks
    I'm currently preparing my son for IGCSE maths; this is the method I'm using:

(i) Do a pair (i.e. paper I and paper II) of past papers.
    (ii) Mark and identify mistakes and weak spots; identify strengths.
    (iii) Review the theory behind where mistakes were made.
    (iv) Repeat.

Then after a few cycles through this,

(a) Identify consistent weak spots by reviewing papers done so far.
    (b) Identify consistent strengths.

Then

(i) Thoroughly review the theory behind the weak spots and practice only past paper questions on these areas.
    (ii) Work at speeding up answering questions where strengths have been identified. This gives more time for the harder stuff.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for those revision methods, will definitely put them into practice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.