Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to decide between Exeter and Surrey for my insurance choice. Their rankings are quite similar. Any arguments on how to decide?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk

ReputationRep:
    Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)
    Thank you! Still, Surrey is close to London and has the better student satisfaction scores ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk
    Thank you!
    What is Economics at Exeter resp. Surrey famous for?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Exeter.
    because ...?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Maximov)
    because ...?
    because...it is Exeter . Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    because...it is Exeter . Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.
    Thank you!
    What experience is Surrey said to be?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Maximov)
    Thank you!
    What experience is Surrey said to be?
    I dont really know. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Exeter is a russell group and Surrey isn't.. therefore if it were me, I'd be firming Exeter.

Edited, sorry by firming I mean firming as your insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.