Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to decide between Exeter and Surrey for my insurance choice. Their rankings are quite similar. Any arguments on how to decide?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk

ReputationRep:
    Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)
    Thank you! Still, Surrey is close to London and has the better student satisfaction scores ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk
    Thank you!
    What is Economics at Exeter resp. Surrey famous for?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Exeter.
    because ...?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Maximov)
    because ...?
    because...it is Exeter . Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    because...it is Exeter . Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.
    Thank you!
    What experience is Surrey said to be?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Maximov)
    Thank you!
    What experience is Surrey said to be?
    I dont really know. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Exeter is a russell group and Surrey isn't.. therefore if it were me, I'd be firming Exeter.

Edited, sorry by firming I mean firming as your insurance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.