Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an Apple TV, MacBook and iPad.

I want to upgrade my iPhone 5S to either a Galaxy S7 or an iPhone 7.

I wanted to know: would I still be able to receive calls into my Mac from my Android phone?

ReputationRep:
    No, you won't. I recently switched from a Galaxy to an iPhone, and I promise you, it's just so much more convenient. On a Galaxy, you won't have iTunes or access to any of your files, can't sync photos (unless you email them to yourself, of course), and you won't get calls or iMessages. Just don't do it. Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliacl)
    No, you won't. I recently switched from a Galaxy to an iPhone, and I promise you, it's just so much more convenient. On a Galaxy, you won't have iTunes or access to any of your files, can't sync photos (unless you email them to yourself, of course), and you won't get calls or iMessages. Just don't do it. Please.
    That's err, pretty true I suppose.

On the other hand, the Galaxy has SD expansion, way better battery life and seems to have a better camera?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    That's err, pretty true I suppose.

On the other hand, the Galaxy has SD expansion, way better battery life and seems to have a better camera?
    My iPhone 5s camera is lightyears better than my Galaxy. Battery life was better, but it heated up way more. It's bloody difficult to find someone else with a matching charger since everyone else has iPhones, making impromptu charging irritating as well. You do you, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsgetemdrunk)
    Was a galaxy s6 user, now just bought this bad boy

Attachment 516917

Attachment 516917516919
    that's a nice phone, IMEI, and sim number you've got there. How'd you manage to scrounge £590 as a student? why'd you settle for 16gb instead of one with more memory for the future?

ReputationRep:
    that's a nice phone, IMEI, and sim number you've got there. How'd you manage to scrounge £590 as a student? why'd you settle for 16gb instead of one with more memory for the future?
    I'm on contract sim so that number won't work loool buchi na ba bhai?

And I'm drug dealer so I will probably change it soon when iphone 7 comes out

Should of seen the guys face as I paid in cash :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine buying a Samsung and thinking you're getting a good phone.

Imagine having an iphone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsgetemdrunk)
    I'm on contract sim so that number won't work loool buchi na ba bhai?

And I'm drug dealer so I will probably change it soon when iphone 7 comes out

Should of seen the guys face as I paid in cash :lol:
    A bit silly walking around with 600 in cash but you do you. You must be a pretty mediocre dealer if you can only get away with 16gb.

ReputationRep:
    A bit silly walking around with 600 in cash but you do you. You must be a pretty mediocre dealer if you can only get away with 16gb.
    Well I live in portsmouth... not really "the endz" just middle class and a few rich white people everywhere

ReputationRep:
    I have an Apple TV, MacBook and iPad.

I want to upgrade my iPhone 5S to either a Galaxy S7 or an iPhone 7.

I wanted to know: would I still be able to receive calls into my Mac from my Android phone?
    Samsung is a good phone, I use android phones they are superb.
    But you need iPhone to sync and access files from your Mac book and ipad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliacl)
    Which Galaxy did you have? Which iphone do you now have? Whats the point in imessage? won't get calls makes no sense, you download music? Can't sync, haven't you heard of usb sync. Camera on galaxy s6/note5/s7 are better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Which Galaxy did you have? Which iphone do you now have? Whats the point in imessage? won't get calls makes no sense, you download music? Can't sync, haven't you heard of usb sync. Camera on galaxy s6/note5/s7 are better.
    The question was whether you'll get calls or iMessages on your Mac without an iPhone, which you won't if you move to Android.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    The question was whether you'll get calls or iMessages on your Mac without an iPhone, which you won't if you move to Android.
    Yeah and that comment went way off the original comment so I responded, also if you have an ipad you actually will get them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.