ReputationRep:
    Do you want to leave the EU or remain? Change your avatar to show how you're going to vote.

Just hover over your username, customise my TSR, change my avatar and the EU avatars can be found under the dropdown.

Enjoy

Attached Images

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Link for the lazy: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...&do=editavatar
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Was so waiting for this... couldn't hack my way around last night to find it myself!!

ReputationRep:
    Any particular reason for the poorly drawn hand, when it's the same in every avatar?

With just the blue/orange sleeve I wouldn't be able to tell which side the person supports or frankly that their avatar had anything whatever to do with the referendum.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Any particular reason for the poorly drawn hand, when it's the same in every avatar?

With just the blue/orange sleeve I wouldn't be able to tell which side the person supports or frankly that their avatar had anything whatever to do with the referendum.
    Pretty sure the 'poorly drawn hand' is TSR's 'branding' rather than actual poor digital imaging skills, hence why other icons of theirs are drawn in a similar cartoony/fun way...

I'm not fond on the colours either tbh, (they're growing on me), but may be to do with public campaign groups or something... (not sure)
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Pretty sure the 'poorly drawn hand' is TSR's 'branding' rather than actual poor digital imaging skills, hence why other icons of theirs are drawn in a similar cartoony/fun way...

I'm not fond on the colours either tbh, (they're growing on me), but may be to do with public campaign groups or something... (not sure)
    Think the colours were quasi-random, because neither campaign side has their own colour scheme, both use the red, white and blue of the British flag.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dez)
    Think the colours were quasi-random, because neither campaign side has their own colour scheme, both use the red, white and blue of the British flag.
    Ahhh fair enough... I prefer blue (just not in ) which is probably biasing my decision

What would be cool (ok, it's not gonna happen soon at least), is to have semi-customisable avatars, so like you provide the basic design, and then we can just change the colours a bit... :holmes:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Ahhh fair enough... I prefer blue (just not in ) which is probably biasing my decision

What would be cool (ok, it's not gonna happen soon at least), is to have semi-customisable avatars, so like you provide the basic design, and then we can just change the colours a bit... :holmes:
    I think that's called Photoshop. :p:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dez)
    I think that's called Photoshop. :p:
    Yes...

Firstly, I can't be ****ed right now... wayyyy too much for my head to cope with at this time
    Secondly, is that TSRG granting me to use their image to photoshop and then effectively publish back onto TSR
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cheers

ReputationRep:

Not mainly criticising the art design, although it's poor.

Obviously it started out with someone having a "thumbs up" for one side (probably Remain but not important), "thumbs down" for the other, then it's pointed out people will argue about one side getting the positive and negative branding, so made them all the same, with the result that the thumb doesn't tell you anything at all what side someone supports.

Obvious ideas would be e.g. thumbs overlaid in European or British flag colours. Or just drop the thumb idea because it doesn't work that well.

I guess same with the colours, probably originally Leave had red (which makes some sense, as red is the traditional colour of Britain on maps, while blue is the dominant colour of the EU flag), but again, some will interpret blue as "friend", red as "enemy".

So instead just made the colours meaningless, orange representing no one and nothing (the Lib Dems maybe? the most pro-EU party, so probably just a coincidence).

Frankly can find much better avatars with 5 second google, if you really want to use avatar to express an opinion on the EU.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.