Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Almost 2 years of driving lessons and haven't passed my test yet Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been having driving lessons for almost 2 years since May 2014. I've had 2 instructors the first one was unproffesional, horrible, aggressive man that always shouted at me, criticised me and even bullied me a little so I filed a complaint 9 months later then I was given a new instructor (my current) he's so proffesional, calm, always complements my driving and he made to such a good driver.

Passed my theory the second time 17 months later on October 2015 then a month later I failed the first time with 4 majors and 10 minors then 3 months later (last month ago) I would've passed with 3 minors unfortunately the last 10 minutes I clipped the curb during the reverse around the left corner. Now I have to wait a few months later for the next test. I remember before you'd used wait up to a month for your next test now you'd be lucky if you get a slot after 6 weeks.

I feel embarrassed about this since I'm 21 year old who's haven't passed his test yet almost 2 years I started to take lessons. There are 17 years that pass their driving test within a few months seriously what do they what I don't? I've been diagnosed with autism when I was 5 years and I've been educated at a special school but I don't think that has anything to with it I don't think? The thing I've always been passionate about driving since I was about 11 then there are people like my older brother who doesn't really care about driving but he managed to pass he test in 3 months because he said he done it 'for a laugh'. I'm getting really depressed to the point I'll ever pass

ReputationRep:
    Calm down

You say you have autism, this might be not the reason as trust me many people don't pass quickly. Stressing will make it worse.

Drive around in your dad's or mum's car. With them in it to get more & more experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    jamierobinson94

Heya - it took me four tries to pass my test and I had lessons on and off for over two years. Just keep at it, get lots of practice and you will get there Stress and nerves were a really big factor in my failing my test, so try not to pressure yourself as you'll get nervous and this affects your driving.

Good luck :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I am 16 going on 17 and will be starting to do all of my stuff for driving soon (next 2 weeks). All I can say is go to your instructor, and ask for tips. Also ask your instructor about what your weakpoints are and how you can improve. Ask lots of questions, as that is the only way in which you will learn from! Also see if your instructor will allow a 'mock' so to speak. So arrange a double lesson where they will mimic a test and at the end of that you will know exactly what to practice and your instructor will assist you as much as possible. They are always there to help! You ust have to utilise them to the best of your ability!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Calm down

You say you have autism, this might be not the reason as trust me many people don't pass quickly. Stressing will make it worse.

Drive around in your dad's or mum's car. With them in it to get more & more experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I ****ing hate having autism it makes slower compared to everyone. I never even once been on a date because of it. My dad doesn't live with me and my mum doesn't drive but my brother does an expensive Mercedes B Class

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.