waleed29
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have been slacking for the last few days only doing 1 hour and giving up when i dont register the new information. I get very stressed and think to myself im going to get a u , and i am aiming to get c's in all my subjects. I need revision tips for biology and chemistry because im really struggling with them. Im a learner who remembers stuff by repeating the sentence over and over again. Lastly from tomorrow im going to force myself to revise ,how many hours should i do to get from a d grade to a c?
eakk19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by waleed29)
I have been slacking for the last few days only doing 1 hour and giving up when i dont register the new information. I get very stressed and think to myself im going to get a u , and i am aiming to get c's in all my subjects. I need revision tips for biology and chemistry because im really struggling with them. Im a learner who remembers stuff by repeating the sentence over and over again. Lastly from tomorrow im going to force myself to revise ,how many hours should i do to get from a d grade to a c?
Hi! I'm in year 11 too and I'm also revising for those awful GCSEs. I would say the first thing you need to do to motivate yourself is to try not to stress out too much. I know it's difficult but if you use the time you spend stressing revising instead you can lift your grades up significantly! You mentioned that you learn best from repetition and a strategy I like to use is reading through each topic in my revision guide once, then again with a highlighter to get the key points. After I've done that I take a piece of A3 paper and make a huge summary sheet of the whole topic using my revision guide. That way I have gone over the same topic 3 times and I now understand it. That should take between 1 and 2 hours and after that you should do a past paper to really cement it in your brain. Don't spend more that 6 or 7 hours a day revising because that will cause you to get stressed and make sure you have lots of breaks in between so you have time to relax. Best of luck with your exams, I hope this helped and feel free to message me to let me know how it goes.
waleed29
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks mate I'll try your technique
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.08%
I'm not sure (29)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.72%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.1%
I'm not a current university student (293)
47.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed