Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been slacking for the last few days only doing 1 hour and giving up when i dont register the new information. I get very stressed and think to myself im going to get a u , and i am aiming to get c's in all my subjects. I need revision tips for biology and chemistry because im really struggling with them. Im a learner who remembers stuff by repeating the sentence over and over again. Lastly from tomorrow im going to force myself to revise ,how many hours should i do to get from a d grade to a c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed29)
    I have been slacking for the last few days only doing 1 hour and giving up when i dont register the new information. I get very stressed and think to myself im going to get a u , and i am aiming to get c's in all my subjects. I need revision tips for biology and chemistry because im really struggling with them. Im a learner who remembers stuff by repeating the sentence over and over again. Lastly from tomorrow im going to force myself to revise ,how many hours should i do to get from a d grade to a c?
    Hi! I'm in year 11 too and I'm also revising for those awful GCSEs. I would say the first thing you need to do to motivate yourself is to try not to stress out too much. I know it's difficult but if you use the time you spend stressing revising instead you can lift your grades up significantly! You mentioned that you learn best from repetition and a strategy I like to use is reading through each topic in my revision guide once, then again with a highlighter to get the key points. After I've done that I take a piece of A3 paper and make a huge summary sheet of the whole topic using my revision guide. That way I have gone over the same topic 3 times and I now understand it. That should take between 1 and 2 hours and after that you should do a past paper to really cement it in your brain. Don't spend more that 6 or 7 hours a day revising because that will cause you to get stressed and make sure you have lots of breaks in between so you have time to relax. Best of luck with your exams, I hope this helped and feel free to message me to let me know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate I'll try your technique

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.