Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to apply to Cambridge, King's College London, University College London and Nottingham (not thought of a 5th yet). All require the LNAT, aside from Cambridge which requires you to sit their own admissions test.

I am studying an Access Course which is only a year long and will get me the required qualifications to study at all the universities above (I've spoken to admissions at each uni and all accept access courses).

My issue is, I start the course in September 2016. I'm applying to universities to start in September 2017 and most universities require you submit your UCAS application by the end of 2016. Cambridge in particular has a deadline of October 31st (I think).

So when it comes to sitting the LNAT when do I do this? I am trying to arrange a meeting with my college (where I am studying the access course) to get some information and see if they can help me.

I've been on the LNAT website and they don't have any information regarding starting courses in 2017 and only have 2015/2016 dates.

Any advice?

I am pretty sure Cambridge require you to sit their admissions test at the same time you get interviewed (same day), so I'm not too stressed about that. But the LNAT is a different story.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Your college likely won't have a clue about LNAT or CLT, just as mine did not. You sit LNAT between September and January -- there is yet no rush to do it.

If you are 21+, I'd suggest applying to one of Cambridge's mature colleges. For your 5th, a more "flexible" university might work -- Bristol, York or Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    Your college likely won't have a clue about LNAT or CLT, just as mine did not. You sit LNAT between September and January -- there is yet no rush to do it.

If you are 21+, I'd suggest applying to one of Cambridge's mature colleges. For your 5th, a more "flexible" university might work -- Bristol, York or Exeter.
    I'm 19, or I will be when I go to college in September, so to my college I class as a mature student.

I was actually thinking of Lincoln as a 5th choice, my boyfriend is going there this September and I do like the place. They have pretty "easy" requirements, obviously I still have to do well and get the credits on the access course, but it's easier to get into Lincoln that it is to get into UCL or KCL. I might have a look at Bristol or Exeter. I refuse to go to York as I live in the city and I want to get away from here as soon as possible.. plus my mum works there.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karaleigh19)
    I'm 19, or I will be when I go to college in September, so to my college I class as a mature student.

I was actually thinking of Lincoln as a 5th choice, my boyfriend is going there this September and I do like the place. They have pretty "easy" requirements, obviously I still have to do well and get the credits on the access course, but it's easier to get into Lincoln that it is to get into UCL or KCL. I might have a look at Bristol or Exeter. I refuse to go to York as I live in the city and I want to get away from here as soon as possible.. plus my mum works there.

Thanks!
    You have to be 21+ to apply to the mature colleges at Cambridge, and you'll be 20.

The issue with Lincoln is that it's not a realistic choice. You cannot really go from Cambridge and UCL to Lincoln. It would make much more sense to use Bristol or Exeter as your 5th -- and then if you're not happy going to either of those you could use UCAS Extra or even Clearing to get into Lincoln. Lincoln is always going to be in your back pocket, so you don't need to have it as one of your 5 choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    You have to be 21+ to apply to the mature colleges at Cambridge, and you'll be 20.

The issue with Lincoln is that it's not a realistic choice. You cannot really go from Cambridge and UCL to Lincoln. It would make much more sense to use Bristol or Exeter as your 5th -- and then if you're not happy going to either of those you could use UCAS Extra or even Clearing to get into Lincoln. Lincoln is always going to be in your back pocket, so you don't need to have it as one of your 5 choices.
    Fair enough, that makes sense I guess. Thanks. :3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.