Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering.....

How much of this years grade is coursework?

Also, if for AS I got a C which is 80 points... but obviously as its only AS its 40 points because its halved...... well 40 points at A Level is an E. Does that mean I already have an E and can't get lower than that no matter what i get for this 2nd year of A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    dont know about the coursework, but the grade you need to look at for your A level current grade would be 40/600...i dont think thats an E ...mind you are you averaging your C to 80 points per module? If you current -total- points equal E in whatever/600 then yes, you've already got an E as long as you complete the course

ReputationRep:
    oh right.. i thought like at A level

A-120
    B-100
    C-80
    D-60
    E-40

But to get your AS grade.. you halve the A grade..so for AS if I got a C..thats 80 points.. but half is 40 points... is that not already an E at overall A Level or is that just completely the wrong way to calculate it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaga_kid)
    Just wondering.....

How much of this years grade is coursework?

Also, if for AS I got a C which is 80 points... but obviously as its only AS its 40 points because its halved...... well 40 points at A Level is an E. Does that mean I already have an E and can't get lower than that no matter what i get for this 2nd year of A Levels?
    The A2 Project you do (Unit 6 Coursework) is worth 40% of the A2 alone and 20% of the total A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    okay. your 3 AS modules maximum UMS marks will add up to 300.

AS: max = 300
    A = 240
    B = 210
    C = 180
    D = 150
    E = 120

For A Level:
    Max = 600
    A = 480
    B = 420
    C = 360
    D = 300
    E = 240

so if you definately got a C for AS, you got at least 180 marks after standardisation. You need between 30 and 60 (standardised) marks from -between- your 3 A level modules, to get an E.

ReputationRep:
    Ah k, for AS I got a C, I was 2 marks away from a B.. I got 208!

Not sure what I got for my coursework..who marks it? Teacher or an external marker?

ReputationRep:
    lol all very confusing!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.