Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP!!! How do I stop my friend from coming on holiday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my 3 friends booked a holiday a couple months ago and at that stage we were all really good mates but now one of us has turned into, well if I'm honest a complete **** who none of us can stand the thought of going on holiday with. Anyway, it's all booked but not paid for and I want to know some good reasons that are fool proof for her not coming with us?? Someone must have done this before and trust me, going with her is not an option she's a controlling, emotionally abusive mess and she is not ruining a holiday I've saved up for. PLEASE HELP

ReputationRep:
    You either tell her how you feel or she comes with you. There's no way round it, man up

ReputationRep:
    you tell her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    You either tell her how you feel or she comes with you. There's no way round it, man up
    OP is female, I think you mean WOman up!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Just tell them wagwan.

ReputationRep:
    Declare your undying love for her?

Or conspire with your other friends to "ghost" her?

ReputationRep:
    She's a psycho if I tell her she will find her way around it, I once tried to fall out with her and she apologised the whole time and then started crying until I forgave her. She will find a way if I tell her

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to tell her and hold your ground about it - let her know how you all really feel and move on.

Please do not lie about it, it will make you come across as a very ''shady'' person and it's better to be open about these things.

ReputationRep:
    Man up and tell them.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You cant pretend because you have booked and presumably this includes her? The only reason I can see is that you all dont want her to go and have to tell her. Once its done I doubt you will ever be friends again because its pretty humiliating.

ReputationRep:
    Act like an adult and tell her? Or suck it up and deal w/ it

ReputationRep:
    There's no magical way out of this. You've decided you no longer like your friend, now you have to tell her that. As for her 'finding a way out of it', there isn't one unless you agree to it.

ReputationRep:
    As everyone else has said, the only option is to tell her.
    If you don't want to be friends with her anymore, you're going to need to anyway.
    If you're scared you'll wimp out and 'forgive' her again, get someone else to do it, or just do it over text/call and hang up. Need to learn to eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her how shes is or EXPERIENCE THE HOLIDAY FROM HELL MWAHAHAHA
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ofc you should tell her, but you could buy her out of the holiday and pay for her share.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.