Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my girlfriend doesn't really spend as much time with me like she does with her friends. Is that normal? like whenever we do something, it's always me that initiates the plans... Is that normal?

She says she can't spend much time because exams are coming up and she has a lot of work but she had friends over at her house and i haven't seen her once in a week.

Any pieces of advice? I was thinking of giving the cold shoulder when we're in school and not talk to her because i am not really sure what else i can do, i don't want to drop her because you know i don't feel that way and i feel like this could blossom into something big and she feels the same.

We have had a couple of bumps along the way they're not actually arguments more like awkward moments. So we sort of confess our problems to each other about one another and we improve upon them. But i have 2 main questions or like 3 or 4

1) is it normal that she likes her friends more
    2) Should i wait for her to initiate plans
    3) Shall i give her the cold shoulder?

ReputationRep:
    1) normal
    2) yes
    3) dunno what it means
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nd8Man)
    my girlfriend doesn't really spend as much time with me like she does with her friends. Is that normal? like whenever we do something, it's always me that initiates the plans... Is that normal?

She says she can't spend much time because exams are coming up and she has a lot of work but she had friends over at her house and i haven't seen her once in a week.

Any pieces of advice? I was thinking of giving the cold shoulder when we're in school and not talk to her because i am not really sure what else i can do, i don't want to drop her because you know i don't feel that way and i feel like this could blossom into something big and she feels the same.

We have had a couple of bumps along the way they're not actually arguments more like awkward moments. So we sort of confess our problems to each other about one another and we improve upon them. But i have 2 main questions or like 3 or 4

1) yes and no
    2/3) no, i think you should tell her that its bothering you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    1) normal
    2) yes
    3) dunno what it means

so the cold shoulder means ignore her until she messages me to see how i am doing etc.

ReputationRep:

1. maybe? everyone has to have friends right?
    2. yes?
    3. no give her a chance first

ReputationRep:
    OP, you made a thread asking for this advice already. Giving her "the cold shoulder" is a very immature approach when in a relationship. If something is bothering you then you need to talk with her about it, otherwise it will never get resolved.

ReputationRep:
    so the cold shoulder means ignore her until she messages me to see how i am doing etc.
    lets try again...
    so...
    1) normal
    2) yes
    3) dont ignore her - keep talking to her

ReputationRep:
    So, she has probably known her friends a lot longer than you and expects they will be around for ever. You may be only a passing bf.

You are supposed to win her approval, prove to her that you are reliable, serious, worth the trouble of changing her life etc. if it is to be a lifelong commitment. Surely you don't expect her to sacrifice friends for you otherwise?

Cold shoulder her if you want. She'll no doubt consider the relationship is over if you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    So, she has probably known her friends a lot longer than you and expects they will be around for ever. You may be only a passing bf.

You are supposed to win her approval, prove to her that you are reliable, serious, worth the trouble of changing her life etc. if it is to be a lifelong commitment. Surely you don't expect her to sacrifice friends for you otherwise?

Cold shoulder her if you want. She'll no doubt consider the relationship is over if you do.
    I hope i'm not a passing boyfriend tbh!
    but i get what you're saying, how do i do without being needy? or how do i even prove it? any ideas...?

No i don't expect her to sacrifice her friends for me... unless it was for something really serious, not for something that could wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    OP, you made a thread asking for this advice already. Giving her "the cold shoulder" is a very immature approach when in a relationship. If something is bothering you then you need to talk with her about it, otherwise it will never get resolved.

not many posted on the first thread, and i needed more opinions... But yes, the cold shoulder is an immature approach

ReputationRep:
    End it...you're too young to be tied down, and it seems like your girlfriend is feeling this strain already. Her friends are going out, so she wants to go hang out with them, and then in whatever spare time is left, she studies.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.