Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Someone once told me not to be so soft towards girls, so thats what I began doing.

When we're alone, I don't strike up a conversation or even sit next to her, with choice. If she asked me to sit next to her or put music on, I refuse. I don't compliment her or join in on group activities with her. If she asked what I thought about her playing a game and she was proud of her achievement, I act like an idiot. If she looked at me and I saw her out the corner of my eye, I'd just ignore her or leave wherever we are. She playfully hits me, but I don't do anything playfully back and has once told me she would tickle me, but I told her not to and left where we were.

Am I doing right?

ReputationRep:
    I dont think so.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

The real question is why hasn't she lost interest yet? Obviously she's troubled.

ReputationRep:
    gosh ad hate to be your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    No. You're acting incredibly immature; if you actually like her then tell her. Playing mind games is so pathetic and won't do you any favours in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolisbelieveing)
    Someone once told me not to be so soft towards girls, so thats what I began doing.

When we're alone, I don't strike up a conversation or even sit next to her, with choice. If she asked me to sit next to her or put music on, I refuse. I don't compliment her or join in on group activities with her. If she asked what I thought about her playing a game and she was proud of her achievement, I act like an idiot. If she looked at me and I saw her out the corner of my eye, I'd just ignore her or leave wherever we are. She playfully hits me, but I don't do anything playfully back and has once told me she would tickle me, but I told her not to and left where we were.

Am I doing right?
    Yeah, she seems really into you and you're just ignoring her and treating her bad. Be nicer.

ReputationRep:
    No - what would you think of a friend who behaved like this towards you? You'd be looking elsewhere for companionship, empathy etc. wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:

Am I doing right?
    You're putting on an act. If you two were genuinely a couple, (call me a believer in Disney romances)... the conversations and energies would flow and you wouldn't be forcing a persona. Just my opinion though.

You sound like you're trying to push this girl away lmao

ReputationRep:
    You come across as quite moronic
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Is this a troll? If you're not OP then your treating your gf very poorly, which has you being pretty ignorant. If you dont wnat to be with her then find someone else.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Why can't you just be yourself?

ReputationRep:
    she's gonna stop liking you really soon

ReputationRep:
    0/10

ReputationRep:

Am I doing right?
    Sounds fine to me, continue and watch the hunnies line up.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Why can't you just be yourself?
    DO we seriously want that from him?

ReputationRep:

Am I doing right?
    She will end up inviting you to her wedding with her husband she dearly loves.

ReputationRep:
    It's like your friend gave you bad advice on purpose. You will mess up your chances with her, while he on the other hand will sweep her off her feet.

ReputationRep:
    Treat them mean, keep them keen is how the saying goes.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by malign)
    Sounds fine to me, continue and watch the hunnies line up.

DO we seriously want that from him?
    Does anyone really want anyone putting on a fake front?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really mean. I think if you care about this girl you need to stay showing it. Don't take misinformed people's advice about being too soft too literally as now you may lose her. We don't want a compete d_ck either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.