Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today I received my offer from Teesside for Paramedic Practice - absolutely elated, excitedly rang around all family friends etc

To then look into my offer further and note my start date is September 2017, queue deflation! Has anyone else had this happen? As much as I am over the moon I have been offered a place, to have to wait another 18 months before starting is rather disappointing. I am a mature student (okay so 31 maybe not that mature) but after studying continuously for 3 years to get to this point, having to then wait another year is a bit soul destroying! Im wondering what the chances are of being pulled forward - I am going to ring admissions tomorrow morning also

thanks in advance
    Amanda

ReputationRep:
    Did you ring them, what have they said? I know Teesside have done this with a few of their healthcare courses this year, just because they've been more popular with all the uni campus improvements :/ it'll be worth the wait though if you have to wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes I rang them. They said that if any places become available they will contact deferrals in the order they applied to the uni - so it's a waiting game!

ReputationRep:
    Is it your only offer? Will you sit back and hope they change it? Or will you confirm somewhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only applied for Teesside due to distance and having young children - so whenever it is I will be there

ReputationRep:
    At least you know you're going at some point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer Mandymoo31, even if it's for next year. Must be exciting to know that you're going to have such a challenging and purposeful career.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I cannot wait, although it appears I will have too! I'm so excited as I have worked so hard to get here

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.