Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to really dislike uni since I feel let down by the understanding and teaching of one of my three lecturers. What makes it worse if the lecturer is head of our course and I feel that my social standing at uni is also at an all time low. I want a degree so I can go into teaching but I feel at my wits end. It doesn't help that I've had to leave my childhood home and am struggling with that and to study and work... is this all just normal stress?

ReputationRep:
    Mate one lecturer is bad? Get a ****ing grip, I had a whole semester of utter tossers. It's life they're not all gonna be good.

Next Social Standing. You can change this whenever you want, go join a gym, buff up till your exterior matches your desired confidence level, (or as a female lose the flab). Then find new people, act confident. Done social Alpha.

Ye it's stressful. But in the nicest possible way you need to grow up. Do it willingly my friend
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by WordsFromAPen)
    I'm starting to really dislike uni since I feel let down by the understanding and teaching of one of my three lecturers. What makes it worse if the lecturer is head of our course and I feel that my social standing at uni is also at an all time low. I want a degree so I can go into teaching but I feel at my wits end. It doesn't help that I've had to leave my childhood home and am struggling with that and to study and work... is this all just normal stress?
    Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy at the moment, at University.

We've got an excellent student support team available on both Park and Avenue Campus. If you haven't spoken to them already, it'll be worth having a chat with them to see what support we can offer you. You can call them on 01604 892833 or you can email [email protected] k.

Leanne

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.