Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling

BA Music and English at university of Sheffield
    BA Music and English and American literaure at university of Kent

Any thoughts on either subject or uni would be awesome !
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Music24601)
    I'm struggling

BA Music and English at university of Sheffield
    BA Music and English and American literaure at university of Kent

Any thoughts on either subject or uni would be awesome !
    I've moved this to the Performing arts and music forum. Check out the stickied posts to speak to other applicants.

Also check the University of Kent and University of Sheffield forums

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield. Don't go to Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Sheffield. Don't go to Kent.
    What's wrong with Kent??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarah)
    What's wrong with Kent??
    I mean I have my reasons for hating studying at Kent.

But to be fair a lot of people are very happy here. I take back what I said.

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student and I'm so incredibly drawn between:BA English and Theatre at Sheffield BA Comparative Literature and Theatre Studies at KentI've received offers from both - among others, but these two are my first choice - and I can't seem to decide. On all of the rankings available, the two consistently stay neck and neck with one another; practically tied. I plan to complete a masters after I finish undergrad, so i'm looking to have a little bit of fun while I'm younger and less serious. Kent's program seems to outrank Sheff academically, but more students are satisfied with Sheffield's program and it's student life is a lot more inclusive and entertaining. Plus, Sheffield has ties with the professional theatre companies and Kent seems to only have one. I prioritize both rigorous academics and quality of living, so I'm very torn.Is there anyone on here that has been in either of these programs and can give me a little information on your experience?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.