Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey - i'm currently studying at uni (3rd/placement year), and was thinking about retaking my maths a2 module - purely out of pride.

I remember in maths in AS I got A-B-B averaging a high B, but in A2 I had somewhat of a breakdown and got D-U-U. My overall grade in maths averaged as a D. Luckily my other a-levels were strong B's, so I got accepted into uni anyway.

I'm just thinking - I deal with maths in uni a lot now as i'm studying finance, and could easily pass these exams if I could do it again. Having a ABB would look a lot better than a DBB on my CV when applying for a job in the finance sector.

Is there any way I can just retake the a2 exams, while revising at home? How much money would it cost? I'm looking online and can't find the answers, I don't even know if it is possible.

Thanks for anyone who can reply to this - I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    what uni r u in?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course you can, just pay for the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry A2 is hardest thing in the whole world.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes it is possible, and honestly very simple.

Which exam board are you with? Go on their website and they will have a list of places (schools and colleges mainly) that allow external candidates. Each place will charge different fees so you will want to call a few that are close to you and see what they say. You pay the fees, you take the exams, you get the grades.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    sure you can but make sure you prioritise your uni work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.