The Student Room Group

Can I retake an a2-module when in university?

Hey - i'm currently studying at uni (3rd/placement year), and was thinking about retaking my maths a2 module - purely out of pride.

I remember in maths in AS I got A-B-B averaging a high B, but in A2 I had somewhat of a breakdown and got D-U-U. My overall grade in maths averaged as a D. Luckily my other a-levels were strong B's, so I got accepted into uni anyway.

I'm just thinking - I deal with maths in uni a lot now as i'm studying finance, and could easily pass these exams if I could do it again. Having a ABB would look a lot better than a DBB on my CV when applying for a job in the finance sector.

Is there any way I can just retake the a2 exams, while revising at home? How much money would it cost? I'm looking online and can't find the answers, I don't even know if it is possible.

Thanks for anyone who can reply to this - I really appreciate it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Reply 2
what uni r u in?
Yeah of course you can, just pay for the exams.
Chemistry A2 is hardest thing in the whole world.
Yes it is possible, and honestly very simple.

Which exam board are you with? Go on their website and they will have a list of places (schools and colleges mainly) that allow external candidates. Each place will charge different fees so you will want to call a few that are close to you and see what they say. You pay the fees, you take the exams, you get the grades.

Good luck :smile:
sure you can but make sure you prioritise your uni work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending