Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UFC200 - McGregor vs Diaz REMATCH! Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It's official.

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/conor-...c-200/1269635/

Thoughts? Predictions? Or what would you have preferred to see...

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 01.19.18.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  210.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    DIaz will have a full camp this time, I can only see a second victory for him.

I think Mcgregor should have fought Edgar first.

ReputationRep:
    I guess when a striker gets outstruck by a grappler who doesn't want to see a rematch??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I guess when a striker gets outstruck by a grappler who doesn't want to see a rematch??
    I'd hardly call Diaz a grappler(although he has awesome grappling). He wants to stand and trade shots, he only really grapples when other people start it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I'd hardly call Diaz a grappler(although he has awesome grappling). He wants to stand and trade shots, he only really grapples when other people start it.
    Well yeah I sort of agree, but I didn't feel like adding any nuance to my throwaway comment. Diaz often gets considered a grappler because he's a black belt and his striking looks kind of awkward, doesn't have one punch power and doesn't really include kicks. I agree that both Diaz brothers have very underrated boxing.

The point I was making is that Diaz beat Connor at his own game, and has an extra element to his own skill set that he didn't even bother to utilize until Connor got knocked so silly that he thought it would be a good idea to try and take Nate down.

I just don't see the point in this rematch. The only way Connor wins is if this happens to be the fight in which Nate's chin finally weakens.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No surprises the rematch has materialised. Looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    All this Diaz business has made me want to re-watch TUF5 which was the first or second season I actually watched as it came out. It is hilarious how retarded everyone there is, how are they even adults.

So far they've caused a horse accident and Nate has tried to start a fight because someone wrote "suck it team pulver" on one of the walls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.