elevate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have A Level grades of A*AA in Fine Art, Modern History and Philosophy. I am unsure what college would be suited for me. I am terrified of getting rejected so I want to start preparing already. Could someone give me some information about the colleges? Are any more 'liberal' and arty than others? Which ones are for those from an art route? And can anyone give me any hints about what to put in the portfolio? Alice
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elevate)
I have A Level grades of A*AA in Fine Art, Modern History and Philosophy. I am unsure what college would be suited for me. I am terrified of getting rejected so I want to start preparing already. Could someone give me some information about the colleges? Are any more 'liberal' and arty than others? Which ones are for those from an art route? And can anyone give me any hints about what to put in the portfolio? Alice
There's no college better than any other for a specific course. Architecture is a small course at Cambridge and most of the colleges generally have 2 or 3 students per year.

All colleges have a good spread of arts&humanities and science students. Even Churchill, which does have a higher proportion of science students, warmly welcomes humanities students.

For information about Cambridge and the colleges have a look at
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...y_of_Cambridge

And there is this specific thread for Architecture at Cambridge.

Lastly, Architecture is one of the most competitive courses at Cambridge; a lot of applicants, but few places... so be pragmatic, and don't put all your hopes on getting in. There are other excellent architecture schools in the UK and many would put them ahead of Cambridge for this subject.

Edit to add: this thread also has some great tips from Peterhouse including info on portfolios

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3407493
architecture at Cambridge (2016)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads