Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen The Ring and the original Ringu? If you have I would like to know what you thought of the American remake - Cheers
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I was just talking to my sister about that. creepy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigfooty)
    Has anyone seen The Ring and the original Ringu? If you have I would like to know what you thought of the American remake - Cheers
    I've seen the Japanese Ring, and I thought it was an amazing piece of film. However, I havent seen the American version - which I'm glad about. I have a friend who said that she wished she hadnt seen the American one first, because it ruined the originaln when she got round to watching it. The original is more psychological, and a lot had to be cut out of the remake because some of it which was relevant to Japanese society just couldnt be applied to US culture/lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen both and the Japanese version is crap, someone had told me it was around twice as scary, but it wasnt.

I do however, love The Ring with Naomi Watts and Martin Henderson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    I was just talking to my sister about that. creepy....
    creepy.... did the phone ring too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    creepy.... did the phone ring too?
    In the theatre after the movie some guys mobile rang... weve gon "noooooo! Dont answer it!"

and another of my friends a week later, got up in the middle of the night and went out into her lounge room and her TV was all fuzzy she freaked out, later she worked out she had put her TV on sleep...

I saw the Japanese version on my own late at night once... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just read the book; better than the tat I saw in the cinema. Might now dig out the Japanese video.

But why's it called Ringu when there're no rings in the book?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen bits of the ring cycle.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarjazz)
    Just read the book; better than the tat I saw in the cinema. Might now dig out the Japanese video.

"before you die you see the ring" >>The ring of light above the well where the lid is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigfooty)
    Ringu is scarier.
    I saw the whole series of Ringu,
    still think the 1st 1 is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarjazz)

i guess it's because the word ring in Japanese also means a bell.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.