Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Done absolutely no revision whatsoever all year and not listened in lesson which is my fault, I procrastinate far too much and need advice

It's just over a month till as level exams start and I couldn't be less prepared I know hardly anything. I study engineering as level which is largely coursework based so as long as I get a A in the coursework I should be able to easily get a b. Although I am also studying physics and maths. I planned to catch up on these subjects throughout the Easter holidays and it hasn't gone to plan. I've done about 2 and a half hours of revision purely of stats 1 but have managed in this time to increase my score of 5 ums to around 80 ums. I don't find the work challenging whatsoever but have left it very late. I'm wondering wether it is possible to learn all of physics AS and maths AS between now and the exams. As I say I don't find the work challenging but I think I might have left it to late. I found the hype about AS being much harder than GCSEs put me of revising and it's only now I realise the jump isn't that big.

I never listened at school and still managed to achieve all a's and b's in my GCSEs with a couple of weeks revision although I'm well aware this may not correlate to AS level exams. Please advise all feedback is good feedback

ReputationRep:
    If people say that it's too late/not possible, are you just not going to study at all?

Why dont you just work as hard as you can from now on and see what happens?

ReputationRep:
    I personally feel you have plenty of time to catch up, but it will take a commitment from you.

- Download a spaced repetition software (SRS - Anki), so you only revise things you're about to forget.

- Create flashcards on all of the information.

- Explain each concept as though teaching a 5-year-old. Simplify everything.

- Take frequent breaks (Pomodoro technique), 25 minutes work / 5 minutes break.

- Meditate daily. The fear from the impending, unrevised for exam will drain your energy reserves and the negative thoughts will dampen your optimism. Meditate for 10 minutes each day to combat it.

A level exams cover a very small amount of content; you will be fine. Just don't procrastinate anymore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James58)
    Done absolutely no revision whatsoever all year and not listened in lesson
    You're right to be scared.

Welp, now it's time for you to condense an entire year's learning into one month. Any less than 8 hours a day solid revision probably won't be enough.

Be realistic about this.

Entire year's worth of learning.

x2 for two subjects.

1 month.

Good luck fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James58)
    Done absolutely no revision whatsoever all year and not listened in lesson which is my fault, I procrastinate far too much and need advice

It's just over a month till as level exams start and I couldn't be less prepared I know hardly anything. I study engineering as level which is largely coursework based so as long as I get a A in the coursework I should be able to easily get a b. Although I am also studying physics and maths. I planned to catch up on these subjects throughout the Easter holidays and it hasn't gone to plan. I've done about 2 and a half hours of revision purely of stats 1 but have managed in this time to increase my score of 5 ums to around 80 ums. I don't find the work challenging whatsoever but have left it very late. I'm wondering wether it is possible to learn all of physics AS and maths AS between now and the exams. As I say I don't find the work challenging but I think I might have left it to late. I found the hype about AS being much harder than GCSEs put me of revising and it's only now I realise the jump isn't that big.

I never listened at school and still managed to achieve all a's and b's in my GCSEs with a couple of weeks revision although I'm well aware this may not correlate to AS level exams. Please advise all feedback is good feedback
    Ofc you can do it, you have all month. I got all A's after studying each subject for like 1 week each. Maths may prove difficult to study in a fast pace if you dont understand everything. Same for physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.