The Student Room Group

Don't quite understand my Edinburgh rejection

Hello,

I got the lovely news this morning that my application to Edinburgh had been rejected. On UCAS it says:
"Your application to The University of Edinburgh for Politics has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place."
But what does that mean? Which one? Will it be elaborated on further later?

Cheers
Original post by Henry97
Hello,

I got the lovely news this morning that my application to Edinburgh had been rejected. On UCAS it says:
"Your application to The University of Edinburgh for Politics has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place."
But what does that mean? Which one? Will it be elaborated on further later?

Cheers

If you wish to have further details then you would have to email them for feedback
Hi
I got the same response from another uni. It is basically a standard response for all rejections. The uni can later choose to give you more detail in an email, but generally doesn't happen because they are so busy. I believe that you can call them up at a later date for more information.
My friend got an offer for another course when the one she applied for was full (so unless you receive a similar email) you were unsuccessful.
However if you withdrew your application at Edinburgh then you would get the same message because you had withdrawn.
Anyway sorry you didn't get a place, good luck with your other applications
Reply 3
Original post by Frankie97
Hi
I got the same response from another uni. It is basically a standard response for all rejections. The uni can later choose to give you more detail in an email, but generally doesn't happen because they are so busy. I believe that you can call them up at a later date for more information.
My friend got an offer for another course when the one she applied for was full (so unless you receive a similar email) you were unsuccessful.
However if you withdrew your application at Edinburgh then you would get the same message because you had withdrawn.
Anyway sorry you didn't get a place, good luck with your other applications

Thanks, yeh fairly disappointed but oh well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending