sharonk800
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a reaction that produces two products. Now given that it can have two values of Vmax, it certainly cant have two values of km can it? because km is the substrates affinity for the enzyme and is independent of the products being produced? Secondly, once you work out the km of the reaction, and have the concentration of substrate required in order to achieve half the maximum velocity of the reaction ( vmax), would it be correct to input the values of concentrations of substrates and the initial rates of the reaction which are BELOW THE KM (since [S]<<Km, the rate of reaction is second order overall and first order w.r.t. [S]) into the following equation:
V=K[E]o[S]. However, after doing this, I get a pattern of decreasing rate constant values over increasing rate of reaction? Why am i getting this? Is it because of temperature? Maybe the temperature is decreasing over different substrate concentrations? IM SO CONFUSED?

Please help me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed