Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like i'm living a non-existent existence Watch

I am living in a constant state where nothing feels real and all that ever passes me is time. I feel that I am going to be alone forever, I have no idea what I want to do in the future, and I haven't been happy for so long I am so depressed at my current university, so studying abroad next year, but then I'll come back for a year left and have no idea what I'm doing after, and be left in this lonely black hole again.

I feel like i'm living a non-existent existence and it is driving me mad

ReputationRep:
    Look up depersonalisation? See if that sounds familiar x

ReputationRep:
    Take a short break from Uni so you can think things through properly after you've relaxed a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am living in a constant state where nothing feels real and all that ever passes me is time. I feel that I am going to be alone forever, I have no idea what I want to do in the future, and I haven't been happy for so long I am so depressed at my current university, so studying abroad next year, but then I'll come back for a year left and have no idea what I'm doing after, and be left in this lonely black hole again.

I feel like i'm living a non-existent existence and it is driving me mad
    Do you have hobbies, interests? And do you still enjoy them? What do you think would give your life meaning or happiness?

Perhaps the change of environment i.e. studying abroad, is exactly what you need?

I'm in uni too, literally having a mental breakdown, the amount of pressure they put on us is crazy. I cry myself to sleep everynight (quietly because I'm in the dorms :'()
    Be brave. You are stronger than you think. You will get through this.
    'You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars'
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds' - Bob Marley

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.