Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Desogestrel progestogen-only pill query Watch

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!

Hi, I've been taking this pill for 20 days now, and I have 3 pills left in my current packet. However, I didn't start the pack at the beginning- since it was a saturday when I started, I started on the first 'Saturday' pill, which my doctor said was fine. This does mean however that there are five pills at the beginning of the pack I didn't take (Mon-Fri). My question is, when I finish these three last pills (Sun-Fri), is it ok to then take the Monday-Fri pills of the pack which I didn't take at the start, before beginning the new packet?
    I think each pill contains the same things but wanted to check this is ok.

Many thanks in advance.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!

Hi, I've been taking this pill for 20 days now, and I have 3 pills left in my current packet. However, I didn't start the pack at the beginning- since it was a saturday when I started, I started on the first 'Saturday' pill, which my doctor said was fine. This does mean however that there are five pills at the beginning of the pack I didn't take (Fri-Monday). My question is, when I finish these three last pills (Sun-Fri), is it ok to then take the Monday-Fri pills of the pack which I didn't take at the start, before beginning the new packet?
    I think each pill contains the same things but wanted to check this is ok.

Many thanks in advance.
    *typo corrected

bump
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bump
    Should be fine to do it

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is intended that you take all of the tablets. The days on the packet are probably to help you remember to take them, seeing as you aren't taking a tri-phasic pill

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Yes, it is intended that you take all of the tablets. The days on the packet are probably to help you remember to take them, seeing as you aren't taking a tri-phasic pill

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spot on. Each tablet will contain the same drug at the same strength (should be desogestrel 75mcg, check the packet)
    Days of the week on the actual blister packs are usally just to help remember to take them each day.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.