The Student Room Group

GCSE PE

Hey guys!

Is anyone else here doing GCSE PE if so what board and what are you guys revising/how are you revising for GCSE PE?

Chloe xx

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing IGCSE PE with Cambridge. I'm guessing that the syllabus is pretty much the same hahah, I honestly have no time to study for it at the moment though :// So I guess that I'll be cramming 2 weeks before the exam :colondollar:
I'm doing Edexcel and because it's a lot of just remembering, making flash cards with definitions of each word or what different things do has really helped me! Write a component, such as a muscle, on one side and then what it does or where it is found on the other side! Hope they can help you too and good luck :smile:
Edexcel. Just a lot of memorising more than anything!
Reply 4
What Sports are you guys doing for moderation and when is your moderation??xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already done all of my sports assessments (had to be done 2 weeks ago) Cross Country, Track & Field, Trampolining and Personal Survival Swimming :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by girlfromlux
I've already done all of my sports assessments (had to be done 2 weeks ago) Cross Country, Track & Field, Trampolining and Personal Survival Swimming :smile:

is trampoline hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it was actually really simple! I just had to put together a choreography (my teacher helped me to do it) and then perform it. And my choreography was pretty simple, with a few hard moves here and there :smile:
I'd definitely suggest it if you can't come up with another sport to do!
Reply 8
Original post by Alicehatha
I'm doing Edexcel and because it's a lot of just remembering, making flash cards with definitions of each word or what different things do has really helped me! Write a component, such as a muscle, on one side and then what it

does or where it is found on the other side! Hope they can help you too and good luck :smile:

Im doing edexcel too do you know where i could find the specification i only found da short course
No offence but why would you put yourself through GCSE PE :tongue:.
Original post by girlfromlux
No it was actually really simple! I just had to put together a choreography (my teacher helped me to do it) and then perform it. And my choreography was pretty simple, with a few hard moves here and there :smile:
I'd definitely suggest it if you can't come up with another sport to do!

ahh we do offer trampolining at my school but I have my sports sorted! The obvious choice was Netball as I play county, then weight training rounders and badminton

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saba_09
Im doing edexcel too do you know where i could find the specification i only found da short course

Same here! I have a revision guide if you need to know the topics you need to cover?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bernie2016
No offence but why would you put yourself through GCSE PE :tongue:.

Because we enjoy sport? I don't understand why anyone would do art but they enjoy it so why not? No offence taken :wink:

I want a career in sport so for me in essential

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yes please could you tell me the topics to cover
Original post by _chloeematt
Same here! I have a revision guide if you need to know the topics you need to cover?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi I'm doing PE with CCEA. We've finished all our coursework and I've got full marks, meaning I'll have a C before the exam! :smile: For revision our spec pretty much says every question they could possibly ask us, so I'm just going through it.
I did edexcel GCSE PE last year and most of my revision consisted of doing past papers. I would highly recommend this method of revision!
- coming from a girl who achieved an A grade at GCSE and is currently studying AS level PE
Original post by geekmillie
I did edexcel GCSE PE last year and most of my revision consisted of doing past papers. I would highly recommend this method of revision!
- coming from a girl who achieved an A grade at GCSE and is currently studying AS level PE

Oh wow! I took GCSE PE early last year and I completely freaked out on the exam but passed - I'm retaking this year. The problem is I've done all the past papers ether in mocks or just classroom tests! For me it's mainly not freaking out in the exam! What's AS PE like and what sports did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T0ucan
Hi I'm doing PE with CCEA. We've finished all our coursework and I've got full marks, meaning I'll have a C before the exam! :smile: For revision our spec pretty much says every question they could possibly ask us, so I'm just going through it.

CCEA? never heard of that exam board! What's your practical exam like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _chloeematt
Oh wow! I took GCSE PE early last year and I completely freaked out on the exam but passed - I'm retaking this year. The problem is I've done all the past papers ether in mocks or just classroom tests! For me it's mainly not freaking out in the exam! What's AS PE like and what sports did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My advice would be to research some coping strategies before the exam and practice them, they can help to calm you down if you do freak out. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll be awesome!!

AS PE is my favourite of the subjects I'm taking (I'm also taking maths, biology, psychology and EPQ). A lot of the content covered is the same as GCSE but just in a lot more detail. It's difficult, but if you enjoy the subject it's easy to do well. For my sports I'm doing trampoline coaching (which I continued on from GCSE) as well as tennis officiating. This was completely new to me this year - I transferred to a new school for 6th form and planned to do rounders along with trampoline coaching. However the girls at my new school had all done tennis officiating at GCSE and were following it on for AS level, so I was taught how to umpire tennis and found it rather enjoyable. Turned out I was better at tennis officiating than I was at rounders, hence the switch. Also it makes it easier come moderation because all 6 of us are being moderated in the same activity.
Original post by saba_09

I'm not sure tbh, the revision guide is really good though and recommend getting it! Tells you everything you need to know really simply and you can get a workbook with it was well which is good for exam practise type questions in it

Quick Reply

Latest