Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A level past papers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm currently doing AS Geography Literature Business and Sociology

Are you meant to revise all content, and then move onto past papers? Or is it okay for me to try and complete some past papers although i haven't gone over all content?
    And also, does anyone have any past paper questions for Edexcel Business?
    Thank you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    1. Whatever suits you, just be aware of the conditions in which you did the test i.e with your books and untimed, as long as you wnat no books, full exam conditions.
    2. They are on the edexcel site

ReputationRep:
    For sociology it is possible to start writing out past paper answers even if you haven't revised everything. I found it a lot easier in the exam than I thought I would, because the wording in the questions and the items/sources really help jog your memory

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, working through past exam papers with an open book is a great way to revise. It helps you learn how to apply material in context and how to structure an answer. When you can do it without the books, it obviously trains you to recall the information in an exam situation (if you set a time limit etc). I would recommend it, if that's what you want to do.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by benj1999)
    Hey! I'm currently doing AS Geography Literature Business and Sociology

Are you meant to revise all content, and then move onto past papers? Or is it okay for me to try and complete some past papers although i haven't gone over all content?
    And also, does anyone have any past paper questions for Edexcel Business?
    Thank you.
    First of all, stop putting question marks at the end of everything, it's not grammatically correct (which won't serve you well in the exam) and it makes you seem "panicky" for want of a better word.

Secondly, it is imperative that you practise your exam skills as early as possible, any content revision on top is a bonus. You will find that you keep improving in your marks as you do more content revision. There is no wrong way to revise, the fact that you already have this mindset is the biggest hurdle.

Finally, past papers for business can be found here, including the all new 2015 papers!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I thing that, if you want to try and complete some past papers then go ahead because it will really help you and then you can see what you need to work on.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.