Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Microsoft fixed the twitter bot and put it back online....and backfires again watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

its now tweeting about smoking pots, in front of the police

Microsoft’s attempt to converse with millennials using an artificial intelligence bot plugged into Twitter made a short-lived return on Wednesday, before bowing out again in some sort of meltdown.

The learning experiment, which got a crash-course in racism, Holocaust denial and sexism courtesy of Twitter users, was switched back on overnight and appeared to be operating in a more sensible fashion. Microsoft had previously gone through the bot’s tweets and removed the most offensive and vowed only to bring the experiment back online if the company’s engineers could “better anticipate malicious intent that conflicts with our principles and values”.

However, at one point Tay tweeted about taking drugs, in front of the police, no less.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-twitter-drugs

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we're going to be seeing terminators sent back in time any time soon; Skynet's too busy hanging with Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen by the sounds of it

ReputationRep:
    That's funny and sad at the same time. It goes to show you that if people are doing this to an A.I. program, what could they be doing/showing to their child.

(Original post by C-rated)
    I don't think we're going to be seeing terminators sent back in time any time soon; Skynet's too busy hanging with Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen by the sounds of it
    Lol, it could be a plan to lower our guard down then out of nowhere, BAM! Full scale race war between A.I and man. I hope you got powers because you are going to need them.

(Original post by cosmicstarbeast)
    That's funny and sad at the same time. It goes to show you that if people are doing this to an A.I. program, what could they be doing/showing to their child.
    I've seen so many people saying things like this and frankly it's idiotic. You realise this was a troll started by 20 something year olds on 4chan's /pol/ board? It's not indicative of any widely-held holocaust denial or racism on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    I've seen so many people saying things like this and frankly it's idiotic. You realise this was a troll started by 20 something year olds on 4chan's /pol/ board? It's not indicative of any widely-held holocaust denial or racism on Twitter.
    I know that, I was talking about the first time. The second time, it was obvious stuff like that would happen.

ReputationRep:
    Hands down the stupidest thing I've seen on TSR since I've returned. Sounds like something Ken M would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Hands down the stupidest thing I've seen on TSR since I've returned. Sounds like something Ken M would say.

EDIT: I apologize. I just find it weird that you would mention "Ken M" like I'm suppose to know about him.

Lol

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: I apologize. I just find it weird that you would mention "Ken M" like I'm suppose to know about him.

google him.

google him.
    Naa I heard bout him on YouTube

ReputationRep:
    <spam>

Naaa... you've done worse son. Run along now

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

Yes, the average person tells their kids "hitler was right and you shouldnt trust the jews" :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.