What do the different TSR teams do? Watch

Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

I was looking at my user groups page, and I noticed some different teams (reporter team, testing team and wiki support team). I'm curious to know what they do, could anyone please explain?

Thanks
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Hi everyone,

I was looking at my user groups page, and I noticed some different teams (reporter team, testing team and wiki support team). I'm curious to know what they do, could anyone please explain?

Thanks
These are the ones which I know do stuff:

Testing team - not sure if still active, (think it's not...), but test new/'beta' features of TSR which are easy for them to allow some users to test out and give feedback on. I think now they're more using survey groups rather than the testing team.

Wiki support team - they have greater permissions for the wiki articles. For example, some wiki articles are looked from editing, I believe those on the WST are able to edit those articles (as well as the open articles anyway can edit...)

Political Ambassador - used when the GE was happening to try and promote it. now it's not particularly used, but anyone is free to join this group... (A few Model House of Commons users use it...)

Reporter Team - I believe they were users who wrote content for the site, or helped in that way, but not sure if it's still used (Might be wrong on this one!)
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
These are the ones which I know do stuff:

Testing team - not sure if still active, (think it's not...), but test new/'beta' features of TSR which are easy for them to allow some users to test out and give feedback on. I think now they're more using survey groups rather than the testing team.

Wiki support team - they have greater permissions for the wiki articles. For example, some wiki articles are looked from editing, I believe those on the WST are able to edit those articles (as well as the open articles anyway can edit...)

Political Ambassador - used when the GE was happening to try and promote it. now it's not particularly used, but anyone is free to join this group... (A few Model House of Commons users use it...)

Reporter Team - I believe they were users who wrote content for the site, or helped in that way, but not sure if it's still used (Might be wrong on this one!)
Thanks mobbsy!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks mobbsy!
No worries! Have a good day!
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
No worries! Have a good day!
You too! :yep:
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You too! :yep:
To add to that, you may see people with "PS Helper" or "PS Advisor" tags (such as mine). The former are remnants of when TSR offered free personal statement reviews to anybody who wanted one and had an active, and really rather excellent, team which helped many thousands of students over the years. The latter was a tag given (after the service was dissolved and replaced with paid reviews by teachers) to ten or fifteen people who had been involved as PS helpers, essentially to mark them out as people who knew what they were talking about I think. Ultimately neither tag serves much purpose any more, but that is a little bit of history for you :lol:

Additionally you may see "Very Important Poster" tags, which I think is a somewhat strange name but there we go. These are people who respond to unanswered threads - usually with helpful advice. I have personally been slacking recently but there are a number of people, all excellent, who routinely answer over 50 such posts each week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads