OCR A2 Level History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964

Watch
Deanerys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
"The rulers of Russia were reluctant reformers." How far do you agree with this view of the period from 1855-1964?

I am kinda struggling with this question. I don't really know what to write about. I already have a few themes in mind but I am not really sure. My themes are Political, economic, social and military reforms.

Thanks in advance
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Think you have 2 options agree or disagree. I think there is a consistent flow of events,. Were they reformers at all and how did they react to events plus what were the results? Some of them were enthusiastic reformers, but what were their aims? I'd get behind the personalities of the leaders. the key words to me are ruler+ reluctant+ reformer.
Deanerys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I already have my introduction. But I am not really sure what specific knowledge to bring into my paragraph.

My intro btw:

In order to assess whether the rulers of Russia were reluctant reformers or not, we need to take into account the types of reforms that they introduced these could be economic, political, social or military reforms. And we should contrast it with the word 'reformer', a person 'devoted' to bringing about reform and that person should not be reluctant. It could therefore be argue that all rulers were 'reluctant' to introduce certain types of reforms, but equally keen to introduce others. In consequence, we should not generalise and argue that all leaders were reformers as for example compared to Alexander II, Stalin was repressive rather than a reformist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads