The official revise/chat about AQA B (mod 4,5 and optional)

Watch this thread
dimz
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I am resitting module 1 and 3 people. I have noticed a lot of people do it and so I thought we may all chat in here. Write your views.

Can a mod sticky this
All at once
Badges: 10
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dimz)
I am resitting module 1 and 3 people. I have noticed a lot of people do it and so I thought we may all chat in here. Write your views.

Can a mod sticky this
I'm doing modules 2 and 3... do you know whether it's monday morning or afternoon?
BeesKnees
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I believe it's morning. Doing module 1 and it's in the morning.
jellytotz
Report 15 years ago
im doing mod 2 i know the stuff but when i test myself and do past papers i don't know why i still do so badly lol
All at once
Badges: 10
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jellytotz)
im doing mod 2 i know the stuff but when i test myself and do past papers i don't know why i still do so badly lol
I hate module 2 with a passion, i can't cope with electrophoresis, gene probes etc
BeesKnees
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I really like module 2, it's the easiest and most interesting in my opinion. Module 3 & 4 (especially 4) are the worst for me.
music788
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by All at once)
I hate module 2 with a passion, i can't cope with electrophoresis, gene probes etc
ARGH
same here!
I understand it in the revision guides but the paper questions totally throw me off. All I know is that gene probes bond with the dna because of complimentary base pairing?

Im doing mods 2 and 3, feeling most confident about 2
naheeda
Report 15 years ago
My god I feel exactly the same about 'knowing ' the stuff but then the actual question papers...I mean the questions are soo hard to anwser - I don't know how to and now I am at a complete loss as to how to spend these next three days preparing ....any tips anyone...im seriously depressed....
itsme!!
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
what would we need for an A.I heard u can drop max 10 marks per paper to get an A.Module 1 should be ok,module 2 would be very tricky to drop less than 10,and same with module 3.
Vaos
Report 15 years ago
What do people think mod 3 will be like?
itsme!!
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
For me i find its the hardest module.Especially all the plants stuff!
person 34
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing all modules, and have done no revision until today Still, I got a B in the mock with no revision...so hopefully should be ok. I hope.
Vaos
Report 15 years ago
plants is easy, which part is hard?
itsme!!
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
i just don't understand the experimental evidence,like ringing,radioactive carbon etc.any1 have jan 07 paper?
Vaos
Report 15 years ago
riniging is all about simply taking the bark off with the phloem and so it shows translocation stops.
Giggsy11
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
anyone have any essay predictions for section B in module 6/7/8?

I'm thinking

'Structure and function of DNA'
flipflop2
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mullard)
anyone have any essay predictions for section B in module 6/7/8?

I'm thinking

'Structure and function of DNA'
Thats a good prediction. It can cover gene therapy (CFTR), mutations, natural selection, nucleotides, complementary base pairing, transcription, translation. Nice.

I think it'll be on either:
1. The importance of lipids in plants and animals (of which there are loads!!)
2. The importance of the cell membrane
BeesKnees
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
the DNA and cell membrane questions would be excellent but lipids in plans and animals?!?! I wouldn't have a clue what to write :eek:. If any module 3 stuff comes up i'll be totally screwed!!
Vaos
Report 15 years ago
How can one possibly guess the essay question though.

Btw anyone whos doing module 3, got any tips? or even any ideas of what may crop up as in trends you have spotted across past papers.
bored*star
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
i think what makes it so hard...the whole i learn it, understand, but can't do the papers, is the fact u have to apply the theory to really random situations!! plus they are so sodding specific so its really hard to mark ur own papers from the mark schemes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise