Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've just firmed a conditional offer for the musical theatre and acting for film course, (my predicted grades are higher than the conditions so I'm going to start planning now just in case) and I'm not sure whether I should stay in halls or look for flat mates? Would I be missing out on the experience if i stayed privately and how much would the costs differ between?

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer for that course too (it's my first choice) at an open day they said that people tend to stay in halls the first year and flats the second year. but I'm equally as lost because i have no idea which halls to choose
    - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted my unconditional for this course and for the first year I am going to stay in halls of residence. The Bognor Regis campus is where all the musical theatre stuff happens so it may be better to stay there but the Chi campus is only a bus ride away!!

ReputationRep:
    my friend was talking to someone who goes there already and said its better to stay at bishop otter because its a better campus. also i have a part-time job lined up near bishop otter. but not completely sure yet
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey!

If you're not sure which campus is better for you to live on in terms of social activities, you might like to chat to one of our SU officers about what each campus has to offer from a student's point of view! You can find their contact details on their website - http://www.ucsu.org/your-union/your-officers/

Cathy (Marketing)

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm starting in September but have lived in Chichester for a while, it usually works out a lot cheaper to live in shared accommodation but youre right, most people tend to live in halls for the first year and move into shared houses with friends they make at the end of it. I'm having the same problem though, ive seen the halls and theyre pretty gross and a little pricey, also very small! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantasticalice)
    I've accepted my unconditional for this course and for the first year I am going to stay in halls of residence. The Bognor Regis campus is where all the musical theatre stuff happens so it may be better to stay there but the Chi campus is only a bus ride away!!
    I'm currently finishing my first year on MT and Acting for Film and lived on the Bognor campus this year. For me personally I would have rather lived in Chi as we had some lessons at 8am and getting the 40 minute bus before was a hassle. The joint honours classes are mainly in Chi (I think 1 and a half hours a week will be in Bognor next year) and the MT society stuff takes place on the Chi campus too. However Bognor campus is quieter and very close to the beach and I have a few friends that have preferred living further away from our lessons

Any questions about it I'm happy to answer, just let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceri1234567890)
    I'm currently finishing my first year on MT and Acting for Film and lived on the Bognor campus this year. For me personally I would have rather lived in Chi as we had some lessons at 8am and getting the 40 minute bus before was a hassle. The joint honours classes are mainly in Chi (I think 1 and a half hours a week will be in Bognor next year) and the MT society stuff takes place on the Chi campus too. However Bognor campus is quieter and very close to the beach and I have a few friends that have preferred living further away from our lessons

Any questions about it I'm happy to answer, just let me know

Hi! I was just wondering whether there were any 17-year-olds on your course at the start of the year? My birthday isn't until the 9th December and I'm scared that I'm going to miss out on the majority of fresher's week and the social aspect of the first few months haha

Also, what are the contact hours like for this course? I'm trying to weigh up the differences between here and drama school at the moment because I love this course but I need to work on my dancing A LOT haha, like do you feel as though you get enough dance training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worryworryone)
    Hi! I was just wondering whether there were any 17-year-olds on your course at the start of the year? My birthday isn't until the 9th December and I'm scared that I'm going to miss out on the majority of fresher's week and the social aspect of the first few months haha

Also, what are the contact hours like for this course? I'm trying to weigh up the differences between here and drama school at the moment because I love this course but I need to work on my dancing A LOT haha, like do you feel as though you get enough dance training?
    I don't know of any 17 year olds on the course, however there was one in my block this year and she just joined in with the flat parties ect. You're 18th will be massive at uni hahaha there are loads of societies and sports clubs that you can join to meet people too!

So overall you do about 6 hours of dance and 9 hours of acting a week. Then lectures vary between semesters. My dancing was terrible before I came to this uni and I feel this course is really good for those without a lot of previous dancing experience compared to drama schools who usually want you to be a dancer already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.