Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to apologies if it seems I am a newbie or whatever to university and such as it is something I never ever thought I'd speak about - only dreamed.

Anyway, I hope I can find some answers here from you all!

So the thing is, I'm currently on track to complete a Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 course (PEO2) and am very much enjoying it. I am hoping to get an apprenticeship but it doesn't seem to likely, so I am thinking of the college then Uni option.

Now, I've been offered a definite placement in a NC Electrical Engineering (Level 6) course for next year, or a conditional offer for a HNC Mechanical Engineering (Level 7) (condition is I complete and pass my PEO2 course) and I'm going to have to e-mail my head of engineering of my college tomorrow to state whether I am picking the Level 6 NC Electrical or Level 7 HNC Mechanical

Now my question is, what would you guys recommend? I mean, I know it's mostly down to personal preference, but what type has more jobs on offer on the market/has the better salary? Could I leave after a HNC and get job and start my career? Should I stay on to HND then a BEng to get a better salary? Any pointers, pros and cons, anything would really help me out right now guys.

Thanks so much,
    Callum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.