Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i had a car accident before one of my exams, and seriously cause of that i could not concentrate at all and completely messed all the exam up, i know i haven't got the grade i need to get into medicine! i have witness information, doctors note, school has contacted exam board, should i send an email to my prospective university also, just so they know?????????? please someone any advise would be great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    i had a car accident before one of my exams, and seriously cause of that i could not concentrate at all and completely messed all the exam up, i know i haven't got the grade i need to get into medicine! i have witness information, doctors note, school has contacted exam board, should i send an email to my prospective university also, just so they know?????????? please someone any advise would be great!!
    i hope you're ok- i had a car crash a couple of months ago and i know it shook me up a lot. all i could do for 2 hours was cry.

i was ill in the autumn and missed a lot of college and one of my teachers offered to write to my uni in case i slipped a few grades- i was suggest you speak to one of your teachers (maybe your form tutor, although mine wasn't) and see if they would be willing to do it. i just think unis will consider it more if it comes from a person who has authority (if that makes sense)

good luck!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Thanks for your help, i have already sent the email to the uni but will also ask on of my teachers to aswell! It does make more sense for teachers to write it cause they are in authority, just out of interest what was the response from your uni?

sam
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    hey!

Thanks for your help, i have already sent the email to the uni but will also ask on of my teachers to aswell! It does make more sense for teachers to write it cause they are in authority, just out of interest what was the response from your uni?

sam
    x
    my teacher didn't write a letter in the end, because my offer turned out to be really quite low, but my teacher didn't know that when she offered. she says she's doen it for pupuils int he past with similar circumstances and they would probably be more leniant when considering whether or not to let you onto the course. if you do miss your grades could you not tell them your individual module scores when you ring them after your results to let them know that it was a one-off?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll have to do something along those lines! the thing is i have an offer of ABB, and the only subject i could get an A in is biology so if worst comes to worse i'll get 3 B's and considering i had an accidnet on the morning of my bio exam (just my luck) that is most probably goin to happen. It was such a horrible experience i was still in shock and couldn't concentrate at all, i kept on imagining what could have happened, we were only just ok! I really didn't want to worry about this all summer! thanks for all your help!

sam
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    I think i'll have to do something along those lines! the thing is i have an offer of ABB, and the only subject i could get an A in is biology so if worst comes to worse i'll get 3 B's and considering i had an accidnet on the morning of my bio exam (just my luck) that is most probably goin to happen. It was such a horrible experience i was still in shock and couldn't concentrate at all, i kept on imagining what could have happened, we were only just ok! I really didn't want to worry about this all summer! thanks for all your help!

sam
    x
    You have the right to get your school to fill in a special form to send off to the exam board - They will then give you your predicted grade due to the circumstances, providing you have a doctor's note and some evidence/witness to the car acident prior the exam.

Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Text_Box)
    You have the right to get your school to fill in a special form to send off to the exam board - They will then give you your predicted grade due to the circumstances, providing you have a doctor's note and some evidence/witness to the car acident prior the exam.

Don't worry.
    My school is going to send a letter to the exam board, my doctor has taken note of the event, but not provided me with a note to give to my school, she believes that to be the job of the witness. I'll be contacting both of the witnesses though! Will the exam board give me my predicted grade even if i still sat the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic.

All the above is good advice. I can't add to it, just hope you are OK.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.