Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place which I've accepted to start in September 2016, I wondered if anyone has completed this course, how they found it and if they managed to get a good job at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahMcN)
    I've been offered a place which I've accepted to start in September 2016, I wondered if anyone has completed this course, how they found it and if they managed to get a good job at the end?
    I'm interested to see what your responses are, because I'm considering Newcastle for an MSc in Computer Science too.

It's a reasonably priced course, and the benefit is that if you choose to do a more advanced course afterwards then you get 20% discount on the 2nd course (unless you're already a former Newcastle student, in which case the 20% discount may already apply to you). I thought the course looked good (hence why I'm considering it too) and it's a respectable department in a Russell Group University. So, I imagine the course would stand you in good stead to get a decent job. Well done on your offer!

Have you got offers from anywhere else? Or, are you waiting for any replies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapose)
    I'm interested to see what your responses are, because I'm considering Newcastle for an MSc in Computer Science too.

It's a reasonably priced course, and the benefit is that if you choose to do a more advanced course afterwards then you get 20% discount on the 2nd course (unless you're already a former Newcastle student, in which case the 20% discount may already apply to you). I thought the course looked good (hence why I'm considering it too) and it's a respectable department in a Russell Group University. So, I imagine the course would stand you in good stead to get a decent job. Well done on your offer!

Have you got offers from anywhere else? Or, are you waiting for any replies?
    Hi, I also applied to York but was unsuccessful on account of having no experience, which was odd as they thought initially when I enquired that my experience might make me suitable for a more detailed course. I live slightly closer to Newcastle so it suits me better to go there, plus at a postgraduate event, I found the Newcastle staff to be much more helpful and knowledgeable about the university and it's facilities than they were at York.

I think the same, I know someone who is on this course at the moment and she is enjoying it, but it is very intense, she also has not as yet applied for any jobs as the course doesn't finish until September. I plan to study part time as I will need to work at the same time. How about you? Have you made any applications? What is your undergraduate study in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.