Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm agitated; lost engagement ring, and I'm about to move home.... Watch

This thread touches various bases; Firstly, I think I've lost my engagement ring, I figured I'd left it on one of the sides- either in bathroom as I took a shower, or on the kitchen side (as I washed up)- however, upon looking and checking all the usual spots, I think that I may have accidentally put it out with the trash while frantically cleaning.

So I'm anxious about not finding the ring. But also, I am due to move very soon and I feel a bit anxious about starting my new job, and the prospect that I won't find this ring in time.

A lot going on in my life, all very stressful times...

Anybody else have any strategies for me to de-stress or ease my anxiety?

ReputationRep:
    Well as much as the ring matters to you very much I'm sure, you need to remember that, at the end of the day, it's just a piece of metal, not a living thing so don't stress, if you've already put your bins or, maybe say to the bin men/women of the could look out for it?

Just keep looking and as for moving and getting your new job, these are fantastic things happening in your life! Of course it's stressful and new but I'm sure if this is what you want it will make you very happy.

I have anxiety so maybe j should practice what I preach more lol but I think you is it need to try and keep in mind that worrying doesn't help anything or anyone, if ou can change something, do it and if you can't there's no point stressing. Good luck with everything!

ReputationRep:
    The ring is replaceable... I know that doesn't help but you have to think like this.

If you can't find it there is unfortunately nothing you can do about it. Have you gone through the trash to see if its in there?

Did you take it off anywhere else? Could it have fallen down the toilet or the shower plug?

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Well as much as the ring matters to you very much I'm sure, you need to remember that, at the end of the day, it's just a piece of metal, not a living thing so don't stress, if you've already put your bins or, maybe say to the bin men/women of the could look out for it?

Just keep looking and as for moving and getting your new job, these are fantastic things happening in your life! Of course it's stressful and new but I'm sure if this is what you want it will make you very happy.

I have anxiety so maybe j should practice what I preach more lol but I think you is it need to try and keep in mind that worrying doesn't help anything or anyone, if ou can change something, do it and if you can't there's no point stressing. Good luck with everything!
    Thank you for your kind words

I believe that if I had accidentally binned it, the rubbish would've already been collected, as it was well over 5-7 days ago. So I think if the ring was in there, it's gone.

I'll have another root around-- hopefully it will be around, if not, no worries. My partner understands, I told her, and she knows I didn't do it deliberately so its not so bad-- just wish I'd taken extra care in placing it somewhere i could remember.

Kicking myself.

As for my new job, I'm looking forward to it, purely from a moving perspective.
    It isn't a longer term job, just something to pay bills and rent while I look for work in my field (as I'm a recent grad but haven't had any luck in my field, so I settled for menial work to pay rent/bills- and so I could move to be with her- so I'll continue to look for appropriate work).

Thanks for your response

(Original post by Lambert87)
    The ring is replaceable... I know that doesn't help but you have to think like this.

If you can't find it there is unfortunately nothing you can do about it. Have you gone through the trash to see if its in there?

Did you take it off anywhere else? Could it have fallen down the toilet or the shower plug?
    I've looked about, retraced my steps, gone through all the logical places I'd usually put a ring. Looked on all the sides (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom) but to no avail.

On Saturday I'll have to tear up my bedroom anyhow (as I'm moving very soon)- hopefully I may find it. If not, I'll have to try very hard to forgive myself.

Thanks for your response

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.