Would you say happy birthday to your friends who dont say it to you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone. Every year i remember my friends birthdays but none of them seem to remember mine. Im now deciding whether to just stop saying it because i feel they dont make an effort with me. Im not on fb so thats probably why they don't remember but would you guys just stop bothering? I make an effort to remember their birthdays without fb so its kinda disheartening that they dont do the same. Im not asking for a lot and yhis has happened for the last 5/6 years. Has anyone else experienced this?
similarBlank
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What friends?
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, Idgaf. I don't rate birthdays as very important BUT if I can remember someones birthday with or without Facebook and say "Happy Birthday", they should be able to do the same.

I have "friends" who didn't say happy birthday to me last year, I didn't bother saying it to them this year. Especially this one girl at my 6th form who I actually put effort into writing a lovely message last year, and then when my birthday rolled around even with Facebook's reminder, I received nothing from her. That was rude.

It's hardly difficult is it? it's 13 letters.

It is disheartening, I do know the feeling.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
my birthday's in the middle of summer so no one ever remembers :lol:
FaisalNaeem03
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, but I have no friends. So no.
bulgylau
Report 5 years ago
I can't really remember exact dates so no...no one wishes me a happy birthday anyway so.................................
BristolFresher15
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Being truly phased by something this silly is just useless.
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm pretty much the same except most don't forget, they just don't bother. My birthday's in the Christmas holiday every year so I guess it's "easier" for them. I still say Happy Birthday to everyone else and I remember most people's birthday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah i would
unless they consistently don't say it
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't complain. I forget most peoples' birthdays :lol:
jamestg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank the lord Jesus for Facebook.
loveleest
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No i would not lol.
Indieboohoo1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I used to but no one remembered my 21st birthday and I stopped remembering theres.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do because I don't really tell many people mine
Platopus
Report 5 years ago
Yes, I always do
Sly_uman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You cant just expect them to remeber the date. Remind them a couple of days before and then if they forget, be upset. Say happy birthday to them, it shows them you remeber them and thats the sort of person you are but if you think that it defines your friendship then talk to them and explain how you feel. Your real friends should never make you feel so disheartened......
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey everyone. Every year i remember my friends birthdays but none of them seem to remember mine. Im now deciding whether to just stop saying it because i feel they dont make an effort with me. Im not on fb so thats probably why they don't remember but would you guys just stop bothering? I make an effort to remember their birthdays without fb so its kinda disheartening that they dont do the same. Im not asking for a lot and yhis has happened for the last 5/6 years. Has anyone else experienced this?
no.

Spoiler:
Show
yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ki_Kamz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I make an effort to greet my friends a HBD! At exactly midnight 00 00

I am that dedicated. It shows that i care about them.

But sadly for me, no one does the same. They go to the extent of even forgetting. It hurts.

Since then i don't even bother anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't really got any friends (I cut contact with the ones I did have because they weren't worth being friends with). They never remembered my birthday because it was in the summer holidays, so they never said happy birthday to me. They never invited me to their parties/celebrations anyway either, so I doubt they really cared about the fact I never said it to them. It's not a big deal to me though, I don't really celebrate my birthday as it is
amelia_lily
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your problem is quite shallow. Is remembering birthday a basis for true friendship? I don't think it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads