Turn on thread page Beta

How can I trust and open up to more? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    bc of stuff thats happened in the past i literally cant trust people in real life. its weird like when im in a relationship im secure as hell but before i get into one i have doubts about the guy i.e. is he lying when he says he likes me? he must be! is he just trying to use me? its really annoying and frustrating when i have doubts like this in my head.

its also happens with friends too, unless ive been friends with them for years then i open up to them about somethings like dumb secrets but not personal issues about my life. i normally just keep everything to myself and bottle it all up as i dont feel i can tell people about things going on.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how you can open up but I know that a lot of the time, you know when you can trust someone.
    Besides, there is no harm in having a rant here now and then. Be able to go anonymous helps. We all do it .

I really hope you feel better soon :hugs: .

ReputationRep:
    Being intelligent will help you filter out and choose better individuals.

Reading books will give you perspectives and may help you get rid of all the pre-conceived notions you hold about people in general.

Also sorry to point this out, but your usage of the word "literally" is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, this is what happens with me, whenever I meet someone new I just do not trust them at all and I won't let them in, and sometimes I feel bad because they trust me with things and I can't do the same, and this is all because of silly people from the past. Even with my close friends I can't open up to them, and tbh this is the case with a lot of other people I know, we all have trust issues and it's hopeless, There's not really anything we can do about it because we're too insecure to give people our trust.

ReputationRep:
    Probably doesn't like you due to your uncanny resemblance to pinochhio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    bc of stuff thats happened in the past i literally cant trust people in real life. its weird like when im in a relationship im secure as hell but before i get into one i have doubts about the guy i.e. is he lying when he says he likes me? he must be! is he just trying to use me? its really annoying and frustrating when i have doubts like this in my head.

its also happens with friends too, unless ive been friends with them for years then i open up to them about somethings like dumb secrets but not personal issues about my life. i normally just keep everything to myself and bottle it all up as i dont feel i can tell people about things going on.
    Im thinking the same.

I guess, whats the the harm in keeping it all in. if its some stranger whats the loss in letting someone in.
    if theyre work colleagues etc...(people close to yeh reagardless of choice) more caution is neccsary. but life is for living at the end of the day.

god knows Im a happier man when Im myself. so try open more with baby steps and be more yourself too x

(Original post by TSR-SUCKS 2)
    What you doing on TSR if it sucks? Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What you doing on TSR if it sucks? Get a life.

http://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb/images/mar235.gif

ReputationRep:
    :hahaha: that is not how to spell pinocchio

(Original post by mkap)

But isn't dating haram ... aren't you a Muslim?http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/15.12/...es/redface.pngI mean judging from your posts on TSR I thought you're quite religious ...http://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/...s/dontknow.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

Believe that no one will judge you by what you say! Believe that you can open up and you have nothing to lose, even if you have a lot to lose. Think about the people that have helped you when you told them secrets! Belief is something we must do blindly.... Sometimes we lose out... Sometimes we excel!

ReputationRep:
    trust only those who prove themselves to you
    trust is an opt in system not an opt out one :lol:
    it'll take time but it'll happen eventually and you gotta work on it!
    what I find helps is if this person i want to trust confides in me on something very personal so I feel like if i trust them and open up we both have something on each other ukno?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty normal to have your guard up to a certain extent.

When it comes to dating I have struggled for the last 10 years+. I always expect the worst and 9 times out of 10 my intuition is right, so this doesn't help. The one time I came across someone decent I just didn't know how to let him in and before I knew it he was the one that got away.

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Idk, this sounds quite normal, you seem to get to a secure level of friendship and then tell them ****. Also not everyone opens up about personal issues I guess, it's not a personality defect

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.