Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I made a timetable for revision but now looking at everyone else's it seems so inadequate. I got good mock results which has KILLED my motivation to revise but I know I need to. I've remade my timetable like every day this holiday and I don't know how to start revising I'm sooooo stressseddddd ((((

1.) Don't compare yourself to other people.
    2.) Make your goals realistic
    3.) DW bout the amount of hours. Quality over quantity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    So I made a timetable for revision but now looking at everyone else's it seems so inadequate. I got good mock results which has KILLED my motivation to revise but I know I need to. I've remade my timetable like every day this holiday and I don't know how to start revising I'm sooooo stressseddddd ((((
    Getting started is the hardest part. It isn't a motivational problem, it's a problem for disciplining yourself to revise. At the moment you 'need' to go to school, until you're at the legal age of 18. So you don't need good grade, or do you?

If you 'want' good grades and 'want' to stay in school, that should be motivation enough to revise and try your best with no comparisons to other people. Worry about yourself, everyone has different goals, if you manage your goal, you should be happy no matter what.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    If it covers every topic then that's good.
    Work through methodically - making or adding to class notes.
    Then cover over key words in your notes and fill in the spaces.
    Put a topic (and subtopic) names in the middle of some paper and add what you can remember.
    Then go back to your notes and add the information you didn't remember the first time around.

Once you're more confident, do past paper questions and depending if this is suitable to your subject - make revision cards based on past answers (works well for bio/chem) etc.

You will be fine if you work consistently. I also failed my mocks (I think I got Us in both Chemistry papers), but did so much better in the exams. Don't let it put you off because they are mocks and mean nothing in terms of your summer grade!

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.