salty670
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi guys

just wondering what you need to do in question d and e in order to get into the top grade boundary ,

thanks
indistinct
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by salty670)
hi guys

just wondering what you need to do in question d and e in order to get into the top grade boundary ,

thanks
Hey I'm wondering the say thing if anyone can help us out that'd be really great, especially if you got an A*. I'm doing Ocr exam board (philosophy and Ethics), I don't know what board Salty^ is doing but it sounds the same
salty670
Rep:
?
yeah same
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm doing OCR RE this year but I got an A* in my mocks.
For part d, you do 3 PEEL paragraphs. Include a Bible quote for each paragraph (or Bible reference/religious teaching). Remember these are all Christian points of view. For each point, mention the denomination too. This should take around 6 minutes.

For part e, you get more choice about what you do. My teacher told me you get about 2 marks per paragraph. Follow the same structure for part d (include quotes/teachings and denominations). We follow SONIC - the paragraphs are as follows:
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non - Christians (mention which religion and include a teaching/ quote from their religion too)
I (your own opinion - include a quote/ teaching too. Even if you're an atheist, you need to support your point)
Conclusion (not just a sentence - maybe three or four summing up differences in opinion).

Choose another paragraph to do of your choice to guarantee full marks for part e. You could do another Christian point of view, another religion, or an introduction.
Altogether, part e should take about 15 minutes max.

I hope that helps
Posted from TSR Mobile
salty670
Rep:
?
thanks man so just to check part d is 3 small paragraphs right ?
indistinct
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Matrix123)
For part d, you do 3 PEEL paragraphs. Include a Bible quote for each paragraph (or Bible reference/religious teaching). Remember these are all Christian points of view. For each point, mention the denomination too. This should take around 6 minutes.

For part e, you get more choice about what you do. My teacher told me you get about 2 marks per paragraph. Follow the same structure for part d (include quotes/teachings and denominations). We follow SONIC - the paragraphs are as follows:
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non - Christians (mention which religion and include a teaching/ quote from their religion too)
I (your own opinion - include a quote/ teaching too. Even if you're an atheist, you need to support your point)
Conclusion (not just a sentence - maybe three or four summing up differences in opinion).

Choose another paragraph to do of your choice to guarantee full marks for part e. You could do another Christian point of view, another religion, or an introduction.

I hope that helps
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks that really helps, hopefully i can push for an A* in my RS now.

Yes 3 paragraphs
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Correct
(Original post by indistinct)
Thanks that really helps, hopefully i can push for an A* in my RS now.

Yes 3 paragraphs
You're welcome. Yup, good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaron2515
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago

Some Christians
Other Christians

I hope that helps
Posted from TSR Mobile
This is exactly what you should do as I got an A* in my RS GCSE. Currently take it A Level.

Exactly what I did for each and every question and it always works.
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aaron2515)
This is exactly what you should do as I got an A* in my RS GCSE. Currently take it A Level.

Exactly what I did for each and every question and it always works.
Cool, thanks. How is it at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaron2515
Report 4 years ago
Cool, thanks. How is it at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really interesting. But a lot harder than GCSE. I did OCR GCSE. But now doing OCR AS Level. There is only an A question worth 25 marks and a B question worth 10 marks! So different. I currently do ethics with christian theology. There both split as 50:50 exams. Ethics is by far my favourite and for me the easiest but Christian theology is a lot harder and harder to understand but on the whole I do enjoy RS and want to take it next year as long as I get a B minimum
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's really interesting. But a lot harder than GCSE. I did OCR GCSE. But now doing OCR AS Level. There is only an A question worth 25 marks and a B question worth 10 marks! So different. I currently do ethics with christian theology. There both split as 50:50 exams. Ethics is by far my favourite and for me the easiest but Christian theology is a lot harder and harder to understand but on the whole I do enjoy RS and want to take it next year as long as I get a B minimum
Yeah, I find religion quite interesting. Ohh right, wow! That's quite a difference there. That's interesting and great to hear:yep: Good luck with that
Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaron2515
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I find religion quite interesting. Ohh right, wow! That's quite a difference there. That's interesting and great to hear:yep: Good luck with that
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you
You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
salty670
Rep:
?
its my first exam
salty670
Rep:
?
by religious teachings do you mean stuff like , natural moral law , situation ethics, etc
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
by religious teachings do you mean stuff like , natural moral law , situation ethics, etc
Yeah I guess so. Just anything related to the religion that can act as evidence to support your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
salty670
Rep:
?
thanks
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Catholic Christians, liberal, conservative....

Discuss means throw different arguments-counterarguments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (202)
46.98%
Take exams next summer (62)
14.42%
Change uni choice through clearing (97)
22.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (44)
10.23%
I'm not applying to university (25)
5.81%

Watched Threads