Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have an unconditional offer from Hertfordshire university to do my masters in human resources management. I know we have the new postgrad loan, but unfortunately I won't have enough to pay for my rent for the year. Just worried about my accommodation cost. So can postgraduates also apply for a maintenance loan or is there other funding I can apply for to help me. I really don't want this to stop me from doing my masters.

Thanks
    Annie
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by anneajohn)
    Hi

I have an unconditional offer from Hertfordshire university to do my masters in human resources management. I know we have the new postgrad loan, but unfortunately I won't have enough to pay for my rent for the year. Just worried about my accommodation cost. So can postgraduates also apply for a maintenance loan or is there other funding I can apply for to help me. I really don't want this to stop me from doing my masters.

Thanks
    Annie
    The only national funding available is the £10k pgl which can pay towards fees or living costs (it is paid to the student to spend as they like).

If this doesn't cover your costs then speak to your university about scholarships and bursaries that you might be eligible for or look for charitable grants. Beyond that you can only rely on savings or get a job to fund your extra costs.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.