The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Help needed regarding possible UCAS reapplication

Hi everybody.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the score regarding this issue I have. First of all I've been in university for three years now, but the problem I have is rather uncommon. I started my first year in Psychology, but the following summer I decided it wasn't for me and opted to go for Literature. Obviously, by taking this option, you have to use your spare financial year and start at first year again. But within that year I had an accident from which I was injured and unable to attend for the remainder of the course. I fought hard for student finance to grant me the full finance fees on the grounds of compelling circumstances and the chance was a gift from God for me. However, it is clear that if I fail this chance I will not be eligible to further my course without funding, so if I fail any modules then I'm out of the university for good.

So under these circumstances, does it mean that I cannot reapply to another university through UCAS, and my time at university is over for good, or would I be able to apply at another uni and start afresh? I've looked everywhere online for information but there seems to be nothing at all.

Any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Original post by JohnCampbell
Hi everybody.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the score regarding this issue I have. First of all I've been in university for three years now, but the problem I have is rather uncommon. I started my first year in Psychology, but the following summer I decided it wasn't for me and opted to go for Literature. Obviously, by taking this option, you have to use your spare financial year and start at first year again. But within that year I had an accident from which I was injured and unable to attend for the remainder of the course. I fought hard for student finance to grant me the full finance fees on the grounds of compelling circumstances and the chance was a gift from God for me. However, it is clear that if I fail this chance I will not be eligible to further my course without funding, so if I fail any modules then I'm out of the university for good.

So under these circumstances, does it mean that I cannot reapply to another university through UCAS, and my time at university is over for good, or would I be able to apply at another uni and start afresh? I've looked everywhere online for information but there seems to be nothing at all.

Any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Hi JohnCampbell,

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Please follow the links below with contact details of people that will be able to help and give you advice:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/main/admissions/index.php.en

Many Thanks and all the best :smile:

Sera (Official student Rep)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest