Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I am looking for someone who studied (or someone who is still studying) Biological Sciences at Oxford as I have some questions concerning the Application.

ReputationRep:
    Im a first year studying biological sciences

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am also applying for biological sciences at Oxford this year.
    Wohoooo!
    Please help us (current Oxford Biological sciences students or anyone else )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_blue)
    Hi, what A-levels did you take?
    and also did you get asked any maths questions in your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am applying to Biological sciences . I am doing IB (Biology Chemistry and English (HL) Maths ESS and my Native Language (SL))
    As far as I know there should not be any complicated maths questions in our interview (I wished there would be)
    The math questions may be, for instance:
    Observing the trends of a graph
    Furthermore every science related interview has some logical questions, such as the problem with coins etc
    At which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Hi I am applying to Biological sciences . I am doing IB (Biology Chemistry and English (HL) Maths ESS and my Native Language (SL))
    As far as I know there should not be any complicated maths questions in our interview (I wished there would be)
    The math questions may be, for instance:
    Observing the trends of a graph
    Furthermore every science related interview has some logical questions, such as the problem with coins etc
    At which college are you applying to?
    I haven't sat my exams yet (which are next year) so I can't apply at the moment.
    That's a relief! I asked if there would be maths questions because I'm terrible at maths and I know I'd struggle to answer complicated maths questions..
    Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Forever)
    I haven't sat my exams yet (which are next year) so I can't apply at the moment.
    That's a relief! I asked if there would be maths questions because I'm terrible at maths and I know I'd struggle to answer complicated maths questions..
    Good luck with your application!
    Don't you have predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Don't you have predicted grades?
    No, I'm a Scottish student and my school doesn't give predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    For Biological Sciences interviews, my experience is that the maths related questions are pretty basic. Typically, being given a couple of graphs and asked to interpret what trends and/or correlations they might suggest. But you wouldn't be expected to perform any mathematical operations on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFossil)
    For Biological Sciences interviews, my experience is that the maths related questions are pretty basic. Typically, being given a couple of graphs and asked to interpret what trends and/or correlations they might suggest. But you wouldn't be expected to perform any mathematical operations on them.
    Hi thanks for your reply!
    At which college is your daughter studying biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Hi thanks for your reply!
    At which college is your daughter studying biology?
    She's at one of the bigger ones.

I studied at St Peters - many years ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_blue)
    Hi! I got an offer for biological sciences at Somerville this year, and would love to know some things about the course if you could be so kind to answer!
    -what skills would be good to learn in advance of starting the course to help you do well academically?
    -what are tutorial essay prompts like? do you have an example haha :3
    -is there anything you wish you started doing earlier/better?

Thank you again! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.