Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm currently revising for my AS levels, and literally no information is going in. I revise one flashcard, but then when i move onto another, i forget the info which i have previously learnt (the first flashcard) and this always happens! does anyone have any good techniques which will allow me to revise multiple flashcards, rather than forgetting info once i revise new info. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm what subjects are you doing? I've not got much advice tbh but it might help other people advise you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    Hmm what subjects are you doing? I've not got much advice tbh but it might help other people advise you x
    Thank you! I do Geography, English Lit, Business and Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i am also failing - haven't started anything yet :mad2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hmm I can't say for geography, english, or business, but for sociology on the Quizlet app there are loads of sets of vocabulary + terms for marxism, families + households & educational policy, and other units, where you can get flashcards on your phone and test yourself to check you've learned them etc.

ReputationRep:
    If flashcards aren't helping you to remember the information are you sure you're using the right method? I can certainly say for me that 'going over' notes doesn't help- if I make flashcards I have to write them out in a few other ways for me to properly remember them. Maybe you could try this?

I also do English Literature and Geography and this method definitely works for me for Geography (when I actually have the motivation to do this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    Hey, i'm currently revising for my AS levels, and literally no information is going in. I revise one flashcard, but then when i move onto another, i forget the info which i have previously learnt (the first flashcard) and this always happens! does anyone have any good techniques which will allow me to revise multiple flashcards, rather than forgetting info once i revise new info. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are you studying the information? Flash cards are useful, but if you're not learning the material then they're not a lot of help. And if you're learning the material, you wouldn't forget it so quickly.

Try a program called Anki which uses a spaced repetition algorithm to show you flashcards before you forget them, forcing you to revise them are the most efficient moment.

When reviewing the flashcards, explain the concept out as simpy as you can. Pretend you're teaching it to a five year old. Trust me, it works.

Put it together and you have a recipe for success. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    For Sociology, I write out the theorist and all the key terms on one flashcard then on another flashcard, write a paragraph (brief one) about the key terms/theorist/perspective, this can also work on a mind map. I keep re-writing this or reading it aloud to memorise it.

Not sure if this is helpful but it is a suggestion! Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.