Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So right now Im studying medicine and im in first year, however Ii'm not enjoying it and wish I had chosen to do physics instead. Im thinking about maybe changing course to do physics now. I wanted some advice from someone whose done this on what it was like for them to go through with this, doing first year again etc. Like i would like to do it, but its not ideal, especially with all the friends ive made on my course and such, Ive also put down deposit on a second year house as well with other medics, so I feel like because of this I would have to stay at the same uni, which i dont mind too much, i just feel like it will be difficult to not live in halls as a first year, idk can someone just give me some advice please

    I haven't done it myself sorry, but I know of other people at my uni who have done it. I think it's becoming more and more common, so I'm sure you won't be the only one. You also get people going into first year who have done a foundation year, particularly on science courses, so they will technically be in their second year too. You'll also have the advantage of having two sets of coursefriends!

    I'd go to a student advisor at your univeristy and see what they say about it. I'm sure they will let you though You may also be able to get somone else to take on your house contract if you can live in halls. Don't worry if you can't though - at least you'll be living with people you like anyway!

    Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope you can change ok! There's no point staying on a course for several years if you really don't like it, especially a vocational one like medicine. Good luck
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2016
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.