Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for a vacation scheme with TLT and managed to get through the application round, and they've now asked me to complete a Watson Glaser critical thinking test before a round of video interviews. I was wondering if anyone knows what a "good" Watson Glaser score is?
    Thanks for any responses!
    (I'd also appreciate any good links to practice questions although I have found a few now)

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to know as I must have failed the hogan lovells test for the first year vac scheme. Some people say you are tested against your cohort and so the benchmark changes each year?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    I'd also like to know as I must have failed the hogan lovells test for the first year vac scheme. Some people say you are tested against your cohort and so the benchmark changes each year?????
    Ah that's awful I hope that isn't true! I got 80% on Clifford Chance's comprehensive practice quiz so I'm hoping that if I can replicate that on my actual test it will be okay...

ReputationRep:
    They tend to not work on a percentage mark. Instead you are given a percentile ranking as your score is ranked alongside 100s (usually 1000s) of other tests scores taken by people educated to the same level as you and applying for the same type of role.

Percentile rankings will vary from firm to firm. Typically the "pass" mark for the percentile for WG and other psychometric tests of this nature is somewhere between 50-65 (I've known them to be a lot lower and a lot higher though).

So don't assume if you pass/fail one test with one firm the same outcome will happen with another firm - they could quite easily have different percentile rankings and you could also be assessed against another group of applicants (what's called a norm group).

If you ever want to work out how you are doing in these tests, you really need to ask the firms what your percentile score was and what their cut off was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Nikki,

I'm just wondering how you got on with this test because I have been asked to complete the same (Watson-Glaser) test as part of the assessment process for the Bank of England. Did you find any practice tests/how did you do on the test/any tips?

Thank you in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.