The Student Room Group

which phone do you have? plus need help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
how awful it is- on a scale 1-10 (10 being the best)

but i am on EE contract :redface:

3 or 4, today the battery on mine was especially terrible and was losing 10% with me just being on snapchat ¬_¬ It charges really fast if you use the included charger but still not very helpful if you're out all day. If you can find the S7 on a cheap deal I'd go for that instead
Original post by JM999
If you are looking to buy a fairly cheap phone, you might want to look at the ulefone power (http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/12/ulefone-power-is-now-official-6050mah-battery-in-tow.html). If you want to spend a bit more, look at the lg g4/ samsung s6.

the thing is that i am on EE contract and i cann have only those phones they offer :h:
i may get galaxy s6
the thing is that i am on EE contract and i cann have only those phones they offer :h:
i may get galaxy s6

You can just cancel your ee contract and move somewhere else
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?

Lg g4
Original post by samb1234
You can just cancel your ee contract and move somewhere else

my dady isn't gonna do that because he is pretty stiff - he is getting me a phone is a big deal
my dady isn't gonna do that because he is pretty stiff - he is getting me a phone is a big deal

Why wouldnt he let you move to another provider when there are better deals on other networks?
Why wouldnt he let you move to another provider when there are better deals on other networks?

because its effort thats why
because its effort thats why

All you have to do is order a new one then ring up and ask to cancel and ask for your pac code, takes like 5 minutes and could save you a lot of money
All you have to do is order a new one then ring up and ask to cancel and ask for your pac code, takes like 5 minutes and could save you a lot of money

but what if after 2 yrs i change my contract again to EE
Original post by homeland.lsw

I remember trying to buy this phone back in October. Except:

1) Horrendous invite system before you could even buy the damn thing. Upon which, there is a good 3-6 weeks delivery time
2) You could opt for a 16gb model at £230, which was absolutely useless. 64gb was £280, and if you wanted swappable back covers that would bump the price up to £320...
3) USB type-c charger. If you ever lose it, you're screwed
4) Customer support. Good luck getting any.
5) To try and advertise this phone as a "flagship killer", I'm assuming that was the reason OnePlus decided to cut corners on quality such as speed, camera quality, etc. But for a £320 price point, I just bought an actual flagship and called it a day.

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?

Sony Xperia if you can afford it

Otherwise, LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6 are pretty much tied in terms of camera quality (G4 is easier on the pockets)
but what if after 2 yrs i change my contract again to EE

I dont get the issue. You just move to them makes no difference
I dont get the issue. You just move to them makes no difference

so which ones is good for samsung galaxy s6?
so which ones is good for samsung galaxy s6?

If you're sure you want an s6 then have a look at sites like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/samsung_galaxy_s6_32gb/
If you're sure you want an s6 then have a look at sites like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/samsung_galaxy_s6_32gb/

out of all of them - i think EE provides the better offer! without upfront
out of all of them - i think EE provides the better offer! without upfront

I would still personally go down the sim free route, but it's your decision
I would still personally go down the sim free route, but it's your decision

where is simfree option that site ?
where is simfree option that site ?

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals , then you buy the phone elsewhere (e.g. from carphone warehouse etc)
http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals , then you buy the phone elsewhere (e.g. from carphone warehouse etc)

i already have a sim :s for almost 4 yrs

Spoiler

i already have a sim :s for almost 4 yrs

Spoiler

You don't have to keep the same sim - it is perfectly possible and in fact very easy to switch to a different one. But whatever, it's your decision ultimately
You don't have to keep the same sim - it is perfectly possible and in fact very easy to switch to a different one. But whatever, it's your decision ultimately

aha! okay
thanks for you help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest