Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if someone's interested Watch

ReputationRep:
    A friend unfortunately told a guy that I liked that I liked him.
    I'm only taking her word for it but he caught up with her later on and asked if she had told me and how I reacted to me knowing that she told him. He said he would add me on Facebook and get chatting to me.
    I ended up adding him a week later and he accepted. I started messaging him and it was quick, detailed responses but there was no questions about me like he wasn't really interested or making a conversation.
    He ignores me most of the time. Says hi now and again but he hasn't tried to chat to me, mind you neither have I. He is sort of shy but he chats away no bother to other people. So is he not interested or is he just shy?
    I messaged him happy birthday with a kiss at the end and he messaged back saying thanks with a smiley face and a kiss.
    Don't know if I'm overthinking or if I should just give up or bite the bullet and ask him out for a meal or cinema or something.
    I'm really useless at this stuff. Any advice appreciated. Does it seem like he is interested?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whysoserious)
    A friend unfortunately told a guy that I liked that I liked him.
    I'm only taking her word for it but he caught up with her later on and asked if she had told me and how I reacted to me knowing that she told him. He said he would add me on Facebook and get chatting to me.
    I ended up adding him a week later and he accepted. I started messaging him and it was quick, detailed responses but there was no questions about me like he wasn't really interested or making a conversation.
    He ignores me most of the time. Says hi now and again but he hasn't tried to chat to me, mind you neither have I. He is sort of shy but he chats away no bother to other people. So is he not interested or is he just shy?
    I messaged him happy birthday with a kiss at the end and he messaged back saying thanks with a smiley face and a kiss.
    Don't know if I'm overthinking or if I should just give up or bite the bullet and ask him out for a meal or cinema or something.
    I'm really useless at this stuff. Any advice appreciated. Does it seem like he is interested?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From experience , I'll advice you to be ready for rejection. This happened to me before and the truth was he was not interested in me. Just give him time , he probably isn't use to it needs to know how to deal with his emotions. If you do make conversation and he chooses to end it quickly, then it's a sign that he really isn't interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting that to be honest.
    I just find it odd that he could of said nothing in response to my friend telling him or said something but then never approached her later asking what my response was etc.
    Just a bit confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just give it a go pal - it's exactly how I ended up with the girlfriend I have just now.

Of course, rejection is something you have to prepare yourself for and, to an extent, expect. But you don't ever want to regret it one day, so go for it! I know fine well I would be a lot sadder than I am now if I didn't just give it a go

ReputationRep:
    Simple, they punch you in the arm.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem as if he likes you; it seems as if he's being polite and is too nice to tell you he doesn't feel the same way.

Of course if you want to ask him out you'll have a definite answer (which is always good) but prepare yourself for a rejection as he doesn't seem particularly engaged with you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    he inst interested enough so hes just letting it slide. Ask by all means, but he doesnt sound like hes worth it. His conversation was poor.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Doesn't seem like he likes you sorry . You could always ask him, you have nothing to lose but to be honest I wouldn't even bother. Already happened to me, just not worth it knowing the answer.

ReputationRep:

Ok. Thanks very much guys. Knew it was too good to be true.
    Just don't understand why he wouldn't just find out that I liked him, wasn't interested and left it at that.
    Rather than approaching my friend later and asking her how I reacted and that he was going to add me on FB. Ah well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.