Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, my friend asked me round to celebrate his 18th. We had a bit of a party in his house, followed by a few rounds in the pub. During the evening, my friend whose birthday we were celebrating asked me to go to town with him at another time. I agreed but on the day we were meant to be going he said he was not going out as he went out a couple of nights before. Turns out he did go out, as another friend spotted him. What should I take from this?

Thanks in advance,

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, my friend asked me round to celebrate his 18th. We had a bit of a party in his house, followed by a few rounds in the pub. During the evening, my friend whose birthday we were celebrating asked me to go to town with him at another time. I agreed but on the day we were meant to be going he said he was not going out as he went out a couple of nights before. Turns out he did go out, as another friend spotted him. What should I take from this?

Thanks in advance,
    He is not your friend anymore.

Spoiler:
    Show
    unless your other friend was lying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    He has no problem with telling you lies and you should be very wary if not ditch.

(Original post by Impressive)
    He is not your friend anymore.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    unless your other friend was lying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You may well be right. Why did he ask me round his house though?

Thanks for your help.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    He has no problem with telling you lies and you should be very wary if not ditch.
    Thanks for your advice.

You may well be right. Why did he ask me round his house though?

Thanks for your help.
    I wasn't trying...

Oh, no problem. Here to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance,
    Either of your friends could be lying.

For all you know, he could have been out with someone he'e embarassed by but doesn't want to humiliate, or he could have been out with a lady friend who he's not ready to introduce you to yet.

Don't take it too personally and get on with life; there's no point in getting worked up about it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he wanted to go out with other people but is useless and doesn't know how to tell the truth..
    Either that or he's not really your friend...
    I think only you can tell, based on how he is around you/his interactions with you and the way he is in general.

Some people would rather make up a ridiculous lie than to just say the truth..I personally don't understand that mentality but still

(Original post by carrotstar)
    Either of your friends could be lying.

For all you know, he could have been out with someone he'e embarassed by but doesn't want to humiliate, or he could have been out with a lady friend who he's not ready to introduce you to yet.

Don't take it too personally and get on with life; there's no point in getting worked up about it.
    I don't think my friend who saw him was lying as he told me who he was out with and also it would be out of character for my friend to have not gone out. It's certainly nothing to do with a lady friend as I have met and spoken to her.

Thanks for your advice.

(Original post by MaseratiJay)
    Maybe he wanted to go out with other people but is useless and doesn't know how to tell the truth..
    Either that or he's not really your friend...
    I think only you can tell, based on how he is around you/his interactions with you and the way he is in general.

Some people would rather make up a ridiculous lie than to just say the truth..I personally don't understand that mentality but still
    When I was around his house and with him in the pub he was being very friendly. But he does seem to have this split personality...

Thanks for your advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.